Cheers Package - Buy Online or Onboard?

iujen94

We've decided to buy the Cheers package for our 3-day cruise in October. I noticed that there is an option to go ahead and order it/pay for it online. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to buying the package online versus onboard? For example, I noticed a 15% gratuity is added if you purchase online. I assume that the same is added if we purchase onboard, but just thought I'd check. Any other things to consider? Thanks!

the 15% gratuity is there regardless. total price is 57.44 a day.

only perk i see of preordering it is just to get it out of the way. one less thing to budget and worry about when you board the ship. not only that, the long lines to get it once on the ship. depending on where you leave out and when you board, lines are quite long.

last year, leaving out of galveston, you cant purchase it the 1st day. come 2nd day, line for it was LONG.

this year, we left out of NOLA where you can purchase it the 1st day. we had FTTF. the moment we stepped on ship, we bought it. we were the 3rd/4th people to buy it (behind our 2 friends who were 1st/2nd). done and over with!

I see no advantage to purchasing it ahead of time, but do see a possible disadvantage; the purchase is irrevocable i believe. What happens if you purchase it several weeks before your depart and then get sick? Maybe your meds cannot be taken with alcohol?

I see no advantage to purchasing it ahead of time, but do see a possible disadvantage; the purchase is irrevocable i believe. What happens if you purchase it several weeks before your depart and then get sick? Maybe your meds cannot be taken with alcohol?

Someone on the other thread about this topic posted they talked with a CCL rep and were told it could be cancelled and refunded up to the day prior to departure (post #64):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2257766&page=4

I tried to buy the cheers program with Verizon gift cards and can't be done online. I called and they said only credit cards. The gift cards would have to be put on the sign and sail card and can purchase on the ship.

At least with the preordering there'll be less pax onboard buying it, shorter lines.

I've read about the preordering of the soda sticker and the run around some pax encountered. Wonder if the same thing will happen with Cheers or will it be placed on the card at check in.

Edited by SadieN