What is a Bathtube?

janny444

Hi....I am wondering what is a Bathtube. On my invoice document it describes cabin sizes etc including Bathroom area of 3.25sq with Bathtube. Do you think it is a typo mistake and if so do they mean it has a Bathtub instead of shower. The ship/cabin number is Splendida 9174. Deck plans seem to show the room as having a shower. On previous bookings it has always stated shower so I am intrigued as to what they mean by saying Bathtube. :confused:

Hi Janny ... I replied to your post yesterday but it looks as though it has been removed!

Oh dear but thank you anyway sidari. Since posting I have been in touch with MSC and they have replied saying that the cabin we are in does have a bath...first time we have ever had a bath...on a cruise ship I must add :D

The other post has turned back up....strange happenings...and on there I have asked whether baths are full size or are they more like a hip bath

Hi....I am wondering what is a Bathtube. On my invoice document it describes cabin sizes etc including Bathroom area of 3.25sq with Bathtube. Do you think it is a typo mistake and if so do they mean it has a Bathtub instead of shower. The ship/cabin number is Splendida 9174. Deck plans seem to show the room as having a shower. On previous bookings it has always stated shower so I am intrigued as to what they mean by saying Bathtube. :confused:

Bathtube (bathtub):- As most Italian words end in a vowel . i bet grammaticaly no word in italian ends in the letter "B"

So force of habit would make the translator make the word end with a vowel

Anybody out there know enough Italiano to say if my theory is correct?

3.25 sq m ;thats's 35 sq ft

Edited by Skier52

Probably just a typo. tee yes, most Italian nouns end in a vowel (helps determine whether masculine or feminine and singular or plural). Bathtub in Italian is vasca.

I head a bath a few times on MSC suites. They are longer than a hip bath but not quite as long as a standard bath in the UK.

Hi everyone, I'm intrigued about the bath situation.

Does anyone know how I can find out if there is a bath in our cabin? We are a B2 Balcony on deck 10.

A bath would be fantastic!

Sorry, the B2 Balcony only has a shower.

The bath is in the Junior Balcony Suite S1 + S2

Probably just a typo. tee yes, most Italian nouns end in a vowel (helps determine whether masculine or feminine and singular or plural). Bathtub in Italian is vasca.

I head a bath a few times on MSC suites. They are longer than a hip bath but not quite as long as a standard bath in the UK.

Im an Italian and English speaker..here in Italy most people know the word tub as well as bath. Even if they dont speak Italian. I would say its a typo. The MSC company has very exspansive translation ..even monther tounge person who translate sometimes..however Ive also seen a few very minor gramatical mistakes when traveling on MSC in the leaflets ects however not many typos..now we just keep it in Italiano.

Does anyone know how I can find out if there is a bath in our cabin?

From a previous post of mine regarding the MSC Divina. Other ships may be different:

Based on the info I have, the following cabins (suites/YC not included) have bathtub/shower combos:

8112 8113 8114 8115 8116 8118 8119 8120 8121 8122 8123 8124 8125 8126 8127 8128 8129 8130 8131 8132 8216 8218 8220 8221 8222 8223 8224 8225 8227 8229 8234 8235 8236 8237 8238 8239 8240 8241 8243 8245 9128 9130 9131 9132 9133 9134 9215 9219 9221 9222 9223 9224 9225 9226

I find this funny because even some of MSC's own staff were not aware of this. Anyway, please use it only as a guide as I don't want to be yelled at if you don't get a tub. ;)

Bret