20% off shore excursions at final payment - still going?

ferfoodle

Yes, actually I just made final payment this week and it popped up again. The first time I saw it was for a cruise back in June, and wasn't expecting it and not prepared to decide right then. But someone posted here this week that you don't have to book an excursion in every port like it suggests. She stated you could remove the other ports at time of check-out. I wished I had known that because I would've liked to take advantage of just a couple of excursions with the discount but not for all ports. Just thought I would pass this information along incase anyone else didn't realize it. It's good to already have your research done ahead of time just in case it does pop up. :)

I made final payment 2 weeks ago and did not get it.:mad:

You know I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to why some get the offer and some don't. It just happened that we had 3 cruises booked this year (not the norm) but 2 of them offered the discount at final payment and one of them offered it when I booked online and just paying the deposit. But it's a shame for those that don't know about the offer ahead of time. Don't feel bad because we haven't been able to take advantage of it on any of the 3 cruises this year, lol. It's as if once you get the offer and by-pass it, it's gone for good. :(

You know I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to why some get the offer and some don't. It just happened that we had 3 cruises booked this year (not the norm) but 2 of them offered the discount at final payment and one of them offered it when I booked online and just paying the deposit. But it's a shame for those that don't know about the offer ahead of time. Don't feel bad because we haven't been able to take advantage of it on any of the 3 cruises this year, lol. It's as if once you get the offer and by-pass it, it's gone for good. :(

I've seen this offer when I paid off each of my 4 upcoming CCL cruises. The combinations weren't appealing to me at all, or conflicted with a tour I had already booked. No big deal in turning down something I didn't want. I'm not booking an any old excursion just to save a few bucks.

I've seen this offer when I paid off each of my 4 upcoming CCL cruises. The combinations weren't appealing to me at all, or conflicted with a tour I had already booked. No big deal in turning down something I didn't want. I'm not booking an any old excursion just to save a few bucks.

Oh I totally agree about booking, I actually prefer to book my own excursion and reap the savings there. But I do realize there are times that some will only book through the cruise line, and this would benefit them. However you need to know ahead of time that this will be available and have your excursions figured out. The only exception was going to Europe and I didn't feel comfortable booking privately, and those were some costly excursions :eek: (more than the cruise). But someone else had pointed out that you don't have to book all of the choices so I just wanted to let others knows another possibility to take advantage of it. :)