Why is the Anthem sold out

champagne123

on the May 8th, 2016 sailing? I found this really strange, since all of the other sailings are not even close to being sold out. :eek:

Currently booked on the May 5 2016 Anthem sailing, it's not May 8 and have read in the Roll Call that a Radio station has book quite a number of rooms for that sailing which is the reason the sailing is sold out, don't know any other info about the Radio station.

Currently booked on the May 5 2016 Anthem sailing, it's not May 8 and have read in the Roll Call that a Radio station has book quite a number of rooms for that sailing which is the reason the sailing is sold out, don't know any other info about the Radio station.

Oops, sorry...you are correct....the 5th. Wow, thank you for that. Just could not believe that every single cabin was sold out already. No problem. Just booked a different date and with the info you just provided, very glad we did. :D

Just found the radio station that has booked rooms for May 5 2016

http://www.wibg.fm/

Wow...good hunting. A South Jersey radio station? Never even heard of it. I wonder if it is just a local station. If so, I agree with the other poster that this radio station selling out the whole ship, seems a little strange. :eek:

It's not sold out. Besides the radio station, there are other organizations that still have inventory.

On the RCCL ....ALL categories are sold out. If "other" organizations are "holding" cabins for "potential" buyers, than so be it, but for the general public, it IS sold out.

We are also booked on this sailing. Also watching to see what comes of this sold out status, concerned if chartered, when would RCI inform other passengers who have already booked?

The only time they will tell you if a group is taking over the ship is if it gets chartered. The station did not charter the ship. They just grabbed up a bunch of cabins.

It is an oldies station in south NJ.

Aren't the WIBG cabins available to the general public?

Oh my goodness. Unless you are a SOUTH JERSEY WIBG Fan....how are you to even know this????? Only if you live in South Jersey, do you even GET this radio station. AGAIN....I AM REFERRING TO THE RCCL WEBSITE. What is soooooooo difficult to understand?????????

Via RCCL website:

Interior Outside Balcony Deluxe

Prices Starting From

Thu - 5 May 2016 Sold Out Sold Out Sold Out Sold Out

Geeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by champagne123
ccccc

Oh my goodness. Unless you are a SOUTH JERSEY WIBG Fan....how are you to even know this????? Only if you live in South Jersey, do you even GET this radio station. AGAIN....I AM REFERRING TO THE RCCL WEBSITE. What is soooooooo difficult to understand?????????

Via RCCL website:

Interior Outside Balcony Deluxe

Prices Starting From

Thu - 5 May 2016 Sold Out Sold Out Sold Out Sold Out

Geeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

I understand. You mean not available to public on a DIRECT basis. But WIBG and various travel agencies have inventory readily available to the PUBLIC. If you want to know why the inventory is not available on a DIRECT basis, that is a more interesting question.

I give up. You win. Isn't that what you want?

Any person that goes to book on the RCCL website (and most people BOOK through the cruise line)...... will see it is sold out, hence, my original question.....and someone was nice enough to provide the answer. Most people would move on, and book a different date, unless you are into this small town radio station....as did I.

Now....my question to YOU.....would you call the radio station to book this cruise, coming from CALIFORNIA??????? No, you would not. Why would you?

Any person that goes to book on the RCCL website (and most people BOOK through the cruise line)...... will see it is sold out, hence, my original question.....and someone was nice enough to provide the answer. Most people would move on, and book a different date, unless you are into this small town radio station....as did I.

Now....my question to YOU.....would you call the radio station to book this cruise, coming from CALIFORNIA??????? No, you would not. Why would you? You really need to move on.

Now....my question to YOU.....would you call the radio station to book this cruise, coming from CALIFORNIA??????? No, you would not. Why would you? You really need to move on.

If you feel the question has been answered, then I'm not sure why you haven't moved on. I can find at least 5 travel agencies who say they have inventory to sell for this date. Maybe someone here wants that date enough to try and find them. My original post was only intended to let other people know that they should not just give up if they really want this sailing.

There is another discussion on a sight that I can't mention. Apparently someone called the radio station and they only have 30 cabins booked. So something else is going on, especially being it's not spring break, summer, holiday, or any time the majority of kids are out of school, for no cabins to be available. I just hope it's not a charter, and we haven't been told yet.

There is another discussion on a sight that I can't mention. Apparently someone called the radio station and they only have 30 cabins booked. So something else is going on, especially being it's not spring break, summer, holiday, or any time the majority of kids are out of school, for no cabins to be available. I just hope it's not a charter, and we haven't been told yet.

Don't worry, it is NOT a charter. Over 80% of the ship is booked and deposited via traditional means.

• 4 weeks later...

Booked this same cruise last May and kept looking for price drops.... lol. Last month it was totally sold out except for suites. But i looked yesterday and there are cabins available in all categories except OV-window; albeit at high rates. That's what they were waiting for, I guess. Glad we paid much lower rates.