Good Deal

Mateybubbles

hi everyone!

We have sailed with MSC twice now and loved them, we like their value for money and destinations.

We had been looking at stalling on the splendida from Southampton in September 2016 for a while now but the offer that came up yesterday using an online ta was just so good we had to book!

We are sailing on 14th September, 7 nights in Northern Europe. We got our free upgrade to a balcony, free port parking, allegro drinks package (which we upgraded to Allegrissimo for £90) and also got our MSC discount which made the price per person £614.

I'm very happy and really looking forward to it- in fact our friends are going to join us 😃

If anyone has any tips regarding the splendida I would welcome any suggestions.

hi everyone!

We have sailed with MSC twice now and loved them, we like their value for money and destinations.

We had been looking at stalling on the splendida from Southampton in September 2016 for a while now but the offer that came up yesterday using an online ta was just so good we had to book!

We are sailing on 14th September, 7 nights in Northern Europe. We got our free upgrade to a balcony, free port parking, allegro drinks package (which we upgraded to Allegrissimo for £90) and also got our MSC discount which made the price per person £614.

I'm very happy and really looking forward to it- in fact our friends are going to join us

It's certainly a good deal at the moment but not a patch on the deals of the past. I've been on MSC 12 times and now believe that prices art very high compared with even last year, and the MSC Voyager club benefits are now a complete joke ( speaking as a disgruntled Black card holder.)

I sailed from Southampton to Cape town (21 nights) in a fantastica OV

with free direct flights home on BA and free parking last November for £639 pp.

Hi Mateybubbles...we have done the same...looked at the prices when they came out and thought they are not a price we want to pay. Then as you say the prices "crashed" and we have booked the same cruise as you on the 14th September at an exceptionally good price.

We did this exact same cruise last year on the Magnifica and we enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again.

The POC are really good....Hamburg being the real surprise...its great.

Last year we had every intention of doing the Red Light district in Amsterdam in the evening....through a private company....will let you know which one if you like...but I was having trouble walking so we couldn't go.

I think you are doing Bella experience...like us...and I don't know if you realise that we have a bath instead of a shower...which for us will be a first.

I know in previous years there were some really good deals to be had but they are now very thin on the ground with all the cruise lines so I think in today's world the price for a 7 night AI cruise with parking in September is very very good.

It's certainly a good deal at the moment but not a patch on the deals of the past. I've been on MSC 12 times and now believe that prices art very high compared with even last year, and the MSC Voyager club benefits are now a complete joke ( speaking as a disgruntled Black card holder.)

I sailed from Southampton to Cape town (21 nights) in a fantastica OV

with free direct flights home on BA and free parking last November for £639 pp.

I know :mad: Not cheap at all .Compare to what it was before. :eek: I guess we have to stop telling people that MSC is good line and start given nasty reviews LOL

Hi Mateybubbles...we have done the same...looked at the prices when they came out and thought they are not a price we want to pay. Then as you say the prices "crashed" and we have booked the same cruise as you on the 14th September at an exceptionally good price.

We did this exact same cruise last year on the Magnifica and we enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again.

The POC are really good....Hamburg being the real surprise...its great.

Last year we had every intention of doing the Red Light district in Amsterdam in the evening....through a private company....will let you know which one if you like...but I was having trouble walking so we couldn't go.

I think you are doing Bella experience...like us...and I don't know if you realise that we have a bath instead of a shower...which for us will be a first.

I know in previous years there were some really good deals to be had but they are now very thin on the ground with all the cruise lines so I think in today's world the price for a 7 night AI cruise with parking in September is very very good.

Hi Janny, thanks for your reply.

We too were on the Magnifica last year with the same itinerary with my parents and had a great time. We are doing the cruise next year with our friends.

We were going to book Bella but didn't want to risk not getting our seating in the MDR so paid the extra £40 For the Fantastica. I didn't realise our cabin would have a bath, how did you discover that!?

Yes we might actually be interested in a tour at night in Amsterdam so any info would be really appreciated. This time next year we will be in Bruges!

Hi Mateybubbles....on my printout from MSC it states bathroom with Bathtube...so I contacted MSC direct...by email...to ask what our bathroom had ...shower or bath...their reply was that the cabin we have has a bath but the Fantastica grade all have showers. We have booked Bella because last time we only ate once in the MDR and the rest of the time we ate in the buffet which we thought was very very good but I can understand that when you are going with friends/family you will all want to be sure of dining together.

Do you have set dining times or do you have the opportunity of what I call Anytime dining...on page 22 of their brochure it says Fantastica balcony cabins can have My Choice Dining...just wondered what that meant.

Hi! Yes we are eligible for my choice dining but trying to find out a bit more about it first before we change from first sitting to my choice - any info would be greatly appreciated as it's not entirely clear on the paperwork!

I'm on the case Mateybubbles :D...will let you know what I can find out....as you say MSC are not very clear in the information given out.

I'm on the case Mateybubbles :D...will let you know what I can find out....as you say MSC are not very clear in the information given out.

Hi Mateybubbles...this is the reply from MSC regarding Dining

Thank you for your email

The Fantastica Experience does give our the guests the priority with their choice of dinner seating on our Musica and Fantasia class vessels.

The My Choice dining on Fantastica Experience is available on our Lirica class vessels only. This being MSC Lirica, MSC Opera, MSC Armonia, and MSC Sinfonia

This benefit does give our guest to choose to dine as and when they please in a dedicated area of the restaurant.

The MY choice dining is available to guests booking Aurea Experience on Musica and Fantasia class vessels.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance

Regards

Thanks for your reply janny,

This is the response I got from MSC when I sent them a private message via Facebook....

Yes for Fantastica balcony guests choice dining is available. You are able to arrive for dinner at any time. Our crew will do their utmost to seat you Asap but if a four seat together is not available I'm afraid you will have to wait or split into two.

We are thinking of just leaving our booking linked together for a table for 4 first sitting. Really don't want to risk having to get split up from our friends at dinner as its one of the highlights of our day.

hi everyone!

I'm very happy and really looking forward to it- in fact our friends are going to join us 😃

Hi Mateybubbles!

I am currently waiting for a call from my TA with prices / dates & availability :D

I think the information you have re My Choice dining may be wrong - especially if you're on Splendida. Fantastica experience allows you to choose between early and late seating only. Your preferred choice will be accommodated subject to availability.

Priority choice of dining times
(See link) Aurea gives you Anytime dining - though you would still be requested to advise the time you'd prefer to eat.
Dine at the time of your choice in a reserved area of the restaurant

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/New-Experience-Categories.aspx

Edited by Beamafar

I think the information you have re My Choice dining may be wrong - especially if you're on Splendida. Fantastica experience allows you to choose between early and late seating only. Your preferred choice will be accommodated subject to availability. (See link) Aurea gives you Anytime dining - though you would still be requested to advise the time you'd prefer to eat.

http://www.msccruises.ie/ie_en/New-Experience-Categories.aspx

Yes, think you are correct. Looking at previous posts, the reply from MSC says it's only available in Lirica class ships.

I was in Fantastica on Fantasia (which I believe is same class as Splendida) in July and option was early or late sitting only.

I do believe OP has bagged a good price though, unlike some other posters in the thread. (And this from someone who got the Italy - Brazil sailing on the Orchestra in 2009 for £179 for a balcony, sole occupancy!

Times change.

Edited by canny_cruiser