Cape Liberty, Cruise Port Car Breakins

FIRELT5

Well call me stupid then. I have CD's and loose change in my car. Who doesn't?

The credit card was dumb, but the other stuff was not unusual.

Sounds like the thief was the villiage idiot.

celtic

When we leave the car in a long term parking lot we do not leave anything in it, at least not visible. Especially in that area. (I can say that, I lived in "that area" for a number of years) And leaving a credit card, well, speaking of the village idiot...

Anne

DH and I have driven up there just to get a feel for how much travel time we time for our upcoming cruise. We got to the gatehouse and an armed officer was posted there. We were ofcourse turned away, since we had no documents. I thought that there was some sort of security on grounds, just seeing that there was security posted, made me think that it was patroled, the grounds that is, and all cars included. When you leave your car anywhere--that you pay a daily rate for-there should be some degree of safety and you shouldn't have to worry.

I wonder if the port will be picking up the charges on the broken windows.

When we leave the car in a long term parking lot we do not leave anything in it, at least not visible. Especially in that area. (I can say that, I lived in "that area" for a number of years) And leaving a credit card, well, speaking of the village idiot...

Anne

My point was, what kind of jerk breaks into cars to steal CD's and pocket change?

I did make an exception for the credit card. That was stupid to leave. But CD's? Heck, maybe he was a music lover?

celtic

Archived