Check-In without Set Sail

JemzRoo

I've been the organizer for my family cruise next week of about 12 people and I've been able to check in everyone except my aunt. When you go to fill out the cruiser information and you select their identification type, if you select Birth Certificate it should create a box that allows you to pick which state issued it, but it doesn't. It instead goes right to which ID you're using with it and the state for that. After you select next it gives you an error and tells you you need to select which state issued the Birth Cert; except you cant, because there is no box.

I thought it was a fluke and tried a few more times later but it's definitely broken. I contacted Royal and they said they're aware of the issue and keep trying and it should hopefully be fixed in time. It hasn't.

Its my aunts first cruise and I explained that it's no big deal she can check in at the pier when we get there, but she's panicking now. Is there a special process at the pier for those that don't have a set sail? I know they ask to see your Set Sail about every 15 feet you walk but she obviously wont have one. Has anyone experienced this and know how the process works when this happens? Thanks!

have you tried different browsers? It seems some RCI tech stuff works in one browser but not in others-and not consistently one browser over the others.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Yea; Chrome, Safari, IE, and Firefox. No luck. Thanks!

Your aunt will just need her photo ID and they will check it against the manifest. It might add a few minutes delay to getting through security and a few minutes to check-in.

Is the cruise a closed-loop sailing? If so, you'll be fine with the birth certificate and a government issue photo ID, not just the simple government issue ID.

The check-in process is not different, the process will continue the same, before you get to the counter make sure you have completed the manual cruise contract which has the credit card information but doing it in the terminal will not delay the process compared with the others with set-sail. :)

I'm wondering can you call RCI web support and ask them to input those information manually from their side so that you can print SetSail pass ? Try the web support instead of the customer service line.

Website Questions & Assistance (800) 398-9819

Edited by StrikeEagle

We cruise Friday! And having the same problem. It wasn't doing it a few weeks ago, because it let me process everything just fine. Then my passport came so I went in to update it. When I clicked to check on my husband's, it gave me the same error. But, it still let me print my set sail pass. :confused: Hoping all goes smoothly.

I had my info filled out months ago, went to print it last weekend, and discovered it wasn't complete, which was weird because I know I did it all. The identification part was listed as incomplete, but I know I had done it. When I tried to do it again, it kept failing like the OP mentioned. I finally gave up. I've checked in before with Disney without their version of the set sail, and it was easy. That was my fault, I had all the info filled in online, but forgot to print it in time.

I called Tech Support on Tuesday, 9/15 since I was also having a problem with the birth certificate "state" portion for a friend's check-in.

I was told RC is well aware of the problem and to click on "birth certificate/born aboard"....instead of just "birth certificate". I actually needed to enter the state of Pennsylvania as the birth state but the 'born abroad" worked. I kept the Tech Support person on the line while I was doing this to make sure their advice worked. I could then print out the SetSail Pass, since it all showed as "complete".

I said to TS what happens when we show up at the port with a PA birth certificate. They said everyone at the port is also aware of the website problem and it will be a non-issue.

Hope this helps.