Just off AOS - Any questions?

Just Wanted to say Thank-You to all who have taken the AOS cruise and have posted here. We sail on our first RCCL cruise 10/16, as a last minute cruise. Have been on other cruise lines, but never out of San Juan. As it was last minute (so to speak), we have to fly in on the day of our departure. Flight get in around 1PM. Any problems with that ?? Any other boarding or excursion advise.

Again..........Many, Many Thanks to all you kind souls who have posted here !!!!!

Mark

For anyone that can answer....

My concern is disembarkation and making our 2pm flight out of San Juan. Lots of people on here have said that the San Juan airport is total bedlam. I am hoping to be off the ship at a good hour to be able to fight the imminent disorganization of the San Juan airport :eek: Any advice?

My concern is disembarkation and making our 2pm flight out of San Juan. Lots of people on here have said that the San Juan airport is total bedlam. I am hoping to be off the ship at a good hour to be able to fight the imminent disorganization of the San Juan airport :eek: Any advice?

Maintain a good attitude, and prepare to stand in line. They do this every weekend in San Juan year after year. So it will work out, and you will make your flight. It is not a huge airport, but my experiences have been mostly positive. It will be a difficult travel day, but then aren't they all.

jc

2:00pm will be fine - you won't have any problem. We had a 2:30pm departure last time out of San Juan and we were at the airport by 9:00am - even had time to watch the first half of the Ohio State Michigan game before we got ont he plane! This time we have an 11:09am departure booked through RCCL's air department - they assured me at the earliest they allow is 10am - guess we'll be off the ship early!

Thanks for your helpful advice - we will hop in a cab for sure, instead of the shuttle.

Do you know if having a GS entitles you to any perks re: disembarkation? Just curious....

Definitely take a cab. It is a bargain, and is much faster than the RCI shuttles.

jc

Pirate - have a great cruise. You picked a great ship!!! I don't know what islands you are going to, so I can't recommend any excursions, but by getting into SJ @ 1:00 you shouldn't have any problems. You won't sail til 10:00 pm.

Thanks Cruzfiend........I can rest a little bit easy now.............

We are doing Aruba, Curacao, St Maarten, St Thomas run........for any excursion advise.

I was wondering if you have any information on the spa services? We will be on the AOS late October and would like to do the couples message, I can't remember the exact name, the one where you basically spread "mud" on each other in a little room by yourself? Does AOS offer this?

My wife and I did the couples massage. It was a bit expensive at $260 + tip for a 1 hr massage, but was certainly relaxing. They did have a special package with the Rasul treatment (The mud) which we did not do. You might also get a better deal on a port day.

If you want to get the best times, get on the ship early and head straight to the spa to make appointments. I would also recommend making reservation for Portonfino's early as well. My wife and I were on the ship at 1:30 and had done both by 2:00 without any waiting in line.

We just grabbed a cab at the airport. I believe it was $18 one way for both of us. If you do the RCCL transportation, you wait until everyone that's going on the van has received their bags. It didn't seem to be a long wait though from what I could see. They are very clearly marked at the baggage claim.

We just grabbed a cab at the airport. I believe it was $18 one way for both of us. If you do the RCCL transportation, you wait until everyone that's going on the van has received their bags. It didn't seem to be a long wait though from what I could see. They are very clearly marked at the baggage claim.

Hi Lovemylifetoday........Anything you liked or did not like abour Aruba and Curacao...............

In Aruba the stores closed at 6:00 p.m. so we missed some of the shopping. I wish we had known that. Went to a fantastic restaurant: Amazonian. Brazillian food. Waiters bring you 16 different types of meats on 2 ft. skewers and slice pieces off for you. You have a wooden "cylinder", green on one end, red on the other. When you want a breather from food, turn the red side up. When you're ready for more, turn the green side up. Fun experience. Not cheap though! We found Aruba a bit desolate compared to the other ports. We did the kayak/snorkel excursion and it was lovely. Curacao we liked better. It really is as colorful as the pictures show. We snorkeled there on our excursion.

Everything on a cruise ship is all good! I may have liked Aruba the least of all ports, but it was still absolutely wonderful!

Disney; We've been to these ports also. In fact we are going again in Jan. :p

There are "ports info" on these boards if you want some more ideas. This time we are doing the Jolly Pirate ship in Aruba, sounds really fun. In Curacao, we haven't decided. St Maarten we will probably do a beach & shop, in St. Thomas, we will shop then go to St John's.

We leave in 4 days and can't wait. In Aruba been there before and did the island tour this time beach day for me, DH is going full day fishing; Curacao going to snorkel at the Sea Aquarium, St. Thomas full day sailing and visiting St. John's and St. Martin's doing Joyce Prince tour with swimming at Orient Beach. The only place we haven't been is Curacao so looking forward to it.

Debbie

Sounds like evryone that just got off had a great time.

I have been to most of these ports already, and if the ships full, the more the merrier.

Can you but booze at duty free and take it on ship??

How was the weather, besides hot and humid? Was it sunny.

Did anyone go to KonTiki beach?? Is it still having construction there.

Thinking of sea aquaruim beach, thats where we went before.

Glad you had a great trip, and thanks for the info.

Archived