Making a complaint...

laurakdy

The title says it all.

I want to make a complaint but not just to customer services. I've seen on here a few times the top mans email address.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

You can send anything to the top man ...however so many people felt they would jump over customer services, that recently people have posted that having posted to him, an email comes nearly straight back, stating it has been passed to customer services!!!! Just so you are aware.

david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

You can send anything to the top man ...however so many people felt they would jump over customer services, that recently people have posted that having posted to him, an email comes nearly straight back, stating it has been passed to customer services!!!! Just so you are aware.

david.dingle@carnivalukgroup.com

Thanks for that and and yes I know that automatically happens and in normal circumstances that would be absolutely fine. I'm not actually making the complaint though, it's for friends of ours who are cruising for the first time.

In the first instance I always think it's a good idea to give Customer Services a chance to sort things out. Problems can be resolved quickly and satisfactorily in the majority of cases, with a lot less anxiety. This must be a seriously big problem to go straight to the top guy. Wonder what it is??

You always hear about the moaners here on the P&O forum and I'm sure that some of the problems are worth moaning about. But, has anyone ever written to P&O praising them for their cruise holiday?

I know that I fill in the end of cruise feedback form in truthly, and 98% of it is praise, but I do tend to feel guilty about never yet writing to a holiday provider with actual praise for my nice time.

I was on a Caribbean cruise in January and there was lots going wrong and despite speaking to the customer service manager on board, nothing was resolved. I did ask to speak to the Hotel Ditector, but was told he does not speak to passengers, which was untrue. I emailed the CEO from the ship and within hours i had a call from the hotel director and a subsequent meeting. Which sorted my issues. I did try to go through the proper chanels.

You always hear about the moaners here on the P&O forum and I'm sure that some of the problems are worth moaning about. But, has anyone ever written to P&O praising them for their cruise holiday?

I know that I fill in the end of cruise feedback form in truthly, and 98% of it is praise, but I do tend to feel guilty about never yet writing to a holiday provider with actual praise for my nice time.

Going slightly off piste, I have - one time I had a problem. The call-taker at P&O said at first that nothing could be done; then she thought outside the box and my dilemma was resolved to my great satisfaction. I thanked her and asked her for the contact details of her Line Manager whom I duly informed of the first class service I had received. I had a response from the Line Manager, thanking me, implying that not enough people says thanks.

But I don't think this is purely a P&O thing, or a cruise thing in general; I think it's a growing trend in society. I say this because interestingly, when I started a thread about great customer service, only one other poster contributed. Food for thought.....................

You know what, I totally agree. All of my cruises with P & O have been fantastic. And I need to shout about that more.

My goodness first time and they wish to complain to the top man.............

Its the modern way sadly. Complain as loud and rudely and ferociously as you can in the hope of getting your own way/discount/moneyback/freebies etc.

It really doesn't sit well with me to the point it actually turns me off complaining even when I DO have legitimate concearns about things.

Who said customer services hadn't been approached any why do you think I need to explain the circumstances on here?

I asked a question, got an answer and Thankyou very much for that.

Not sure the comment about first time cruisers was warranted. Sometimes you don't have to add anything to a thread if you really have nothing to contribute but guess some people can't help themselves.

I can tell just what kind of person this is...

When I posted my 2nd comment I was just very very surprised that someone who had not cruised before felt that going to the top was the way to do it.

Wasn't too keen on the reply I had to that...

Sort of agree with you hasthagotnowtmoist... I gave the person the info they wanted, but as the email would be forwarded direct to customer services now, without being read by the top man probably, not sure what good it would do.

Turn around for customer services is 21 days, maybe the 1st time cruisers would not/could not wait that long.

Or maybe they got an answer from C.S. they did not agree with.

Oh well. Best be careful how I reply in future....

Making a general comment here and not referring to any particular poster, I also think that too many people are too quick to moan and loudly escalate a problem to the ' complaint' stage before they give the appropiate 'offender' a chance to sort out the issue and then seem very quick to bypass the proper channels and shoot off to 'the manager' or 'the top man'.

Edited by Scriv

That's some talent you have there. I asked one question and somebody kindly gave me the answer. Others including yourself then decided to add their own take on it without knowing anything whatsoever and coming up with their own ridiculous theories.

People decided to attack what I had written so I replied but not in the least bit fussed English Lady that you didn't like what I replied. As I previously stated you didn't need to add anything to the thread at all but chose to for your own reasons

I am so glad there are such lovely people on these boards as I can't believe what people have written on here. No idea why you felt the need to post this but hey ho it's maybe that you don't have anything else in your life at the moment.

That's some talent you have there. I asked one question and somebody kindly gave me the answer. Others including yourself then decided to add their own take on it without knowing anything whatsoever and coming up with their own ridiculous theories.

People decided to attack what I had written so I replied but not in the least bit fussed English Lady that you didn't like what I replied. As I previously stated you didn't need to add anything to the thread at all but chose to for your own reasons

I am so glad there are such lovely people on these boards as I can't believe what people have written on here. No idea why you felt the need to post this but hey ho it's maybe that you don't have anything else in your life at the moment.

Good for you - that comment was totally unwarranted. For what it's worth it doesn't matter if it was a 1st cruise or a 91st cruise a complaint is a complaint and someone on their 1st cruise has as much right to complain as anyone else if they are not happy with the product they paid for or the service they received.

Just wanted to say that my own comments were not directed at anyone on here or anyone in particular at all - they were meant very generally and not restricted to cruising and I was not attacking anyone.

It just seems to me to be a feature of life in general these days that people seem to think that a problem can't be sorted out before they even try. Just my humble observation lol.....

Ah well, on that note... happy weekend to everyone. :)

Edited by Scriv

Good for you - that comment was totally unwarranted. For what it's worth it doesn't matter if it was a 1st cruise or a 91st cruise a complaint is a complaint and someone on their 1st cruise has as much right to complain as anyone else if they are not happy with the product they paid for or the service they received.

Thankyou. At last common sense prevails. All I asked for was an email address and I don't think it warranted some of the responses it got. People then put their own spin on it.

I do know your responses were in general terms and that's as it should be. There was absolute no need for that other comment.

Let me tell you a story. A few years ago I received some terrible news at hospital. I walked out and crossed the town to go to my car when a man started shouting at me: "Can't you look where you are going? There is a sign, do not walk on this section of the path" he was annoyed, somewhat presumptuous and judgemental. No I hadn't seen the sign, there was so much going on in my mind at that point, and he had no idea what was going on in my world. I apologised (probably loudly) and told him I'd just had bad news and he said "well I didn't know". I suppose what I'm trying to say is nobody knows what's going on in someone else's world, we can't see each other's expressions etc. Maybe we can all cut each other some slack sometimes, I'm sure things get out of hand on-line far more than they would if we were all in a room talking to each other. I am no exception, but my story reminds me sometimes that we are all human, and none of us are perfect all of the time.

Well well well. What a result from P & O.

For all the doubters and talk about 3 weeks of waiting and being passed back to Customer Services etc.m

None of that happened and all has been resolved splendidly and my friends are delighted.

Not only did they respond and resolve the issue with my friends, they even had the decency to contact me as well (even though they didn't need to) and ask if I was happy with what they had come up with.

Big big up to P & O. So excited once again for our up and coming cruise now.

Well well well. What a result from P & O.

For all the doubters and talk about 3 weeks of waiting and being passed back to Customer Services etc.m

None of that happened and all has been resolved splendidly and my friends are delighted.

Not only did they respond and resolve the issue with my friends, they even had the decency to contact me as well (even though they didn't need to) and ask if I was happy with what they had come up with.

Big big up to P & O. So excited once again for our up and coming cruise now.

That's lovely news [emoji106]🏼

Thanks guys. Seriously what a result. There was no argument or attitude from thenm whatsoever.

It was all about lets get this resolved in the best way we can.

Part of it was outwith their control and we understood that but they certainly surpassed themselves in resolving it.

Efficient and extremely friendly whilst trying to do so.

This is one of the reasons I love P & O, although it is the first time I've ever complained albeit indirectly.

Happy customers and more likely to return as a result.