Guarantee cabin + luggage tags

CathyCruises

Quick question: we have booked a guarantee cabin for a cruise leaving in 30 days, booked several weeks ago. Still no stateroom assignment. Cruise is sold out and no longer appears in the X website. We have received our cruise docs, but the luggage tag order button still isn't showing up on our My Celebrity page.

This is sort of a back to back, we are taking a different ship a few days after this cruise is over. We have received our docs for that cruise too, and the luggage tag button showed up right on schedule.

So my question is, do you not get to order luggage tags if you are on a guarantee basis? Has anyone ever gotten luggage tags without a stateroom assignment?

Just a wee bit nervous because of the recent thread about folks with a guarantee booking that turned out not to have a cabin at all on that sailing!! I don't REALLY care about the luggage tags, I know I can get them at the pier, it's just kind of a right of passage sign that the cruise is real ;)

Without a cabin assignment, what good would a luggage tag be, it would only have your name on it. :D Likely your luggage already has that!

Just have the porter affix one at the pier when you get there. No muss, no fuss.

If even by the time you arrive to the pier and have no cabin assignment, the porters will know where to take your luggage for further assistance, or be able to radio someone to get the number.

I seem to recall that when I had a GTY cabin, I could print out a luggage tag that had my name on it from the E-Docs, but has a space for me to handwrite my cabin number on it.

Remember, Guarantees can change after assignment even, making pre-printed luggage tags not so useful.

Without a cabin assignment, what good would a luggage tag be, it would only have your name on it. :D Likely your luggage already has that!

Just have the porter affix one at the pier when you get there. No muss, no fuss.

If even by the time you arrive to the pier and have no cabin assignment, the porters will know where to take your luggage for further assistance, or be able to radio someone to get the number.

I seem to recall that when I had a GTY cabin, I could print out a luggage tag that had my name on it from the E-Docs, but has a space for me to handwrite my cabin number on it.

Remember, Guarantees can change after assignment even, making pre-printed luggage tags not so useful.

Oh yeah, I know all that! :) I totally realize that they're not much good without a cabin number, but I still want them!! Lol!! I was just curious if anyone had ever gotten them with a blank spot for the cabin number.

They are not worth much even with a cabin number. LOL. Faster to just arrive on the pier and have the porter slap one on your case.

FWIW - If your bag is delayed by the airline for some reason, do not expect the airline to contact Celebrity. They attempt contact the owner - you. so be sure to give correct and complete contact information for Celebrity if joining a cruise.