Celebrity website = disaster = bad p.r.

JERSEYGIRL1983

Of course it would. If it takes another three minutes per customer times 1400 cabins that's 70 hours if EVERYONE had to do this. This is one of the direct costs of Celebrity having a poorly functioning web site and a reason why they should correct it. It shouldn't have to take an individual an hour or more over multiple attempts and/or phone calls to do the advance check-in in order to save their own time at the pier.

Hi,

thanks for the post ........ but I knew the answer to my comment/question ...... I have been in those check in lines before.

I just did not want others to take the posters comment about the more time consuming check in as a way to do it on regular bases. Not only would it be more costly to the cruise line but it is/would be even worse for the guests who would have to wait some extra time in the check in lines.

Hi,

thanks for the post ........ but I knew the answer to my comment/question ...... I have been in those check in lines before.

I just did not want others to take the posters comment about the more time consuming check in as a way to do it on regular bases. Not only would it be more costly to the cruise line but it is/would be even worse for the guests who would have to wait some extra time in the check in lines.

I don't think Cle-Guy or anyone else is advocating doing it on a regular basis. The post that mentioned it only did so as an alternative if the online system isn't working and someone is worried about it or aggravated with the hassle they are going through trying to do it online. Clearly it is to everyone's benefit that the on line check in be used for details, but that only works if the system itself works - which is what this thread is about.

I don't think Cle-Guy or anyone else is advocating doing it on a regular basis. The post that mentioned it only did so as an alternative if the online system isn't working and someone is worried about it or aggravated with the hassle they are going through trying to do it online. Clearly it is to everyone's benefit that the on line check in be used for details, but that only works if the system itself works - which is what this thread is about.

While I am sure (I hope) he is not saying to disregard the on line check in altogether, this is not the first time has told people to just go to the pier without it. He is also "advocating" that it is good business sense for Celebrity not to waste $$$ on fixing their website because their ships are sailing full, & even going so far as to intimate that the problems lie with users' ignorance. While I am sure that most make errors from time to time, the number of users complaining about the "glitches" in the site tells a different story.

While I am sure (I hope) he is not saying to disregard the on line check in altogether, this is not the first time has told people to just go to the pier without it. He is also "advocating" that it is good business sense for Celebrity not to waste $$$ on fixing their website because their ships are sailing full, & even going so far as to intimate that the problems lie with users' ignorance. While I am sure that most make errors from time to time, the number of users complaining about the "glitches" in the site tells a different story.

Rich,

I believe from my readings of CG's posts, he was not saying to 'disregard the on line check in altogether...' rather, if one cannot do OLCI for whatever reason it is not the end of the world and all the same check-in paperwork can be completed ship side.

As well, I do not believe he was "advocating" that X not waste money on the website, he was hypothecating as to one particular reason that X may not be in a rush to 'fix' the website, that is all.

I found that 'CC posters' complaining about the website goes back as far as 2010, where I stopped my search on the topic. So the complaining may go further back. Not having access to the greater universe of passengers who uses X's site, outside of CC posters, and have challenges I cannot hypothecate. I Am sure some of these individuals also have challenges from time to time. Which in itself, is not unusual in itself for many websites that I use, anyway.

bon voyage...

Maybe everyone whose had a problem with the website should bypass online check-in. 2600 people showing up to check in at the ship :eek: might sway Celebrity to rectfy the problems they have with the website. :D Would also give those special few that never have a problem a taste of how annoying it is to wait and wait to get something done. :p :D

Maybe everyone whose had a problem with the website should bypass online check-in. 2600 people showing up to check in at the ship :eek: might sway Celebrity to rectfy the problems they have with the website. :D Would also give those special few that never have a problem a taste of how annoying it is to wait and wait to get something done. :p :D

af - in my experience ship side check-in moves very quickly regardless if someone(s) need to complete paperwork at the dock. There are, from my recollection, enough check-in stations that it really need not be an issue, especially if passengers without out the print out are there early anyway just to be safe...

Thank you and bon voyage!

af - in my experience ship side check-in moves very quickly regardless if someone(s) need to complete paperwork at the dock. There are, from my recollection, enough check-in stations that it really need not be an issue, especially if passengers without out the print out are there early anyway just to be safe...

Thank you and bon voyage!

Of course check in moves quickly in most instances. That's because everyone has their paperwork ready. How long does it take for one to complete on line checking? How about if everyone had to do it at the pier. There would be a revolution. To advise anyone to just turn up at the pier without an express pass is not is not good advice.