2015 Captain's Club Reunion Cruise Alaska

C 2 C

I've saved the dailies for the 12 Night Golden Light Alaska Cruise.

The weather could have been more favorable but shipboard life was as expected on a Celebrity ship. If you have any questions, please post them. A number of Cruise Critic members were onboard as well and I'm sure our experiences will vary as they always do.

Infinity%202015%20Aug_0001_zpst5s1d3v7.jpg

Infinity%202015%20Aug_0002_zpswmdznrvm.jpg

Hi,

Thank you for this post. We were suppose to go but had to cancel just before final payment. It would have been our first captain's club cruise and we are elite plus. What plus did you get on that cruise, any special attentions or it's just a regular cruise with just more CC members?

Thank you,

We were on this for our Honeymoon and we LOVED this trip. We live in drough ravaged California and forgot what green looks like. We loved the rain and cooler weather since it is so hot here.

We would do this itinerary again in a heart beat. Someone said they don't do this one every year. Anyone have info on that? :)

Thanks for the dailies, Arno!

So what does a Captains Club reunion cruise entail these days? We took one to the Mexican Riviera on Mercury about ten years ago, & I recall that they gave us a free excursion, & we received small gifts in our room nightly, which we thought was very nice.

Thanks for the dailies, Arno!

So what does a Captains Club reunion cruise entail these days? We took one to the Mexican Riviera on Mercury about ten years ago, & I recall that they gave us a free excursion, & we received small gifts in our room nightly, which we thought was very nice.

The free excursion for Elites and and above took place in Victoria with a visit to the Butchart Gardens and "Tea" at the Empress Hotel.. a tour valued at $159 (?) to others onboard.

The small gifts are not as frequent as years gone by. One evening we received a rain poncho that many used in rainy Alaska, and small binoculars similar to the ones in certain staterooms. On the second last evening we received a X-monogrammed slurpee cup and straw that many cruisers left behind probably because of suitcase limitations.

It doesn't look like it by scanning through the dallies, but anything new and exciting?

We're on Infinity in December and expect her to be in good shape considering the upcoming dry dock, better than Millennium was last year anyway, though that was't too bad ;) We just better be able to use our Balcony!

Our 12/5 cruise has some good pricing, but the one after is over Christmas and New years and doesn't, but getting home Christmas week can be pricey!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It doesn't look like it by scanning through the dallies, but anything new and exciting?

We're on Infinity in December and expect her to be in good shape considering the upcoming dry dock,

Hi Jenna:

Drydock will see SS United States changed to Tuscan and Cellar Masters to a gastropub.

There may be new shows introduced but the rest was the same old modern luxury... ;)

Hi Jenna:

Drydock will see SS United States changed to Tuscan and Cellar Masters to a gastropub.

There may be new shows introduced but the rest was the same old modern luxury... ;)

No news is good news? Or boring? With Luminae, it's fine, Dee likes Tuscan, I think we both like simple, clean flavored more so the Luminae works better than specialty dining which tries too hard I think.

Happy sailing.

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

Our day Tracy Arm was outstanding! It was an amazing day! Wish they were all like that!

Do wish they would have canceled the down hill bike ride in Skagway in the pouring rain on a highway with road construction and semi trucks :eek: that's more adventure that I needed in one day, and looked nothing like the rolling hills on the x website!

I would be curious to know what kind of events/gifts were set out for each of the Captain's Club levels during a reunion cruise. There were some great surprises but wondered what Celebrity did to pull out the stops for their Zenith members.

This was our table mates second cruise on Celebrity and each of them received a poncho and binoculars.