Inside cabins

mandms40

Depending on the age of the people in the cabin you can fit 3 comfortably in an inside cabin. It would be tight with three adults, but two adults and a samll child would be fine. Since the 3rd bunk pulls down from the ceiling and is put up during the day it is doable.

Where there's a will, there's a way!:p And if it means the difference between cruising and not cruising, I say go for the inside with 3 or 4 people and make the best of it.

Hmmmm, stay home for a week in the spacious comfort of your home with plenty of space and bathrooms? Or squeeze into a small cabin with not enough closet and drawer space, certainly not enough bathroom space, but YOU'RE CRUISING!! I say....LET'S CRUISE!!:D

After several cruises sans kids, the last in an aft balcony on Explorer, we decided that we wanted to take the plunge and take the three (TALL!) teenaged boys.

So, with them, we get an inside for the two of us, and put the three of them in an inside next door. We did this on the Sovereign, and they had a blast. We're doing the same thing on the Explorer in December. We're paying less for the 5 of us in two inside cabins than we did for our outside aft balcony.

I LOVED the balcony. But, on balance, I think I'd rather cruise more often. We'll probably be inside, with the boys on the cruise with us, until they are out of the house. We loved the cruise with the boys so much. What a great vacation with teens.

That said, WE weren't sharing the cabin with them :-)

It's mostly a question of economics and psychology. We did several cruises with our children in an inside quad; no problem. As they get older, the room does get (or seems to get) smaller. Since you will likely spend very little time in your cabin, I personally would not put a loy of $ into it; save it for other cruise Xtras.

Meheeren-I noticed you said you are going on the Explorer. I’ve sailed on EOS twice and NOS and all 3 times got us great connecting rooms for our family of 4.

On deck 9 there are 4 cabins that are balconys connected to insides. They are the last in the aft and first in the forward part of the ship.

I pay for my husband and I in a balcony and then pay for the kids in an inside but they are connected to us. It is wonderful to still have the balcony and the extra room for the kids.

In 2 weeks we are ALL in an inside TOGETHER on the Majesty just taking a quick anniversary trip with the kids but we are back to a balcony (connecting to my mom and one of the kids) on the Serenade in April.

The balconys connecting to the insides are very few (I think just the 4) but they are so worth trying to get. Have fun!

Smrtypnts,

What makes you say the cabin wouldn't have enough closet or drawer4 space? We have never had that problem with 3 in an inside cabin. Also, my house only has one bath with 4 adults in the house. It just takes management.

You're absolutely right, dbutler5. I was simply trying to point out that there's certainly worse things than 4 people in an inside cabin. I've done 2 people inside and 4 people in an OV. The OP also needs to make sure that 4ppl inside is a savings over 2 cabins. I recently learned the hardway (having to pay a TA cancel fee) that 2 cabins for my family of 4 was no more and possibly less expensive than 1 cabin!

Many families share 1 bathroom, but very few houses or apartments have bathrooms as small as those on a ship! That's what I meant by a crowded bathroom and if you don't overpack, then there probably could be enough drawer and closet space.

I didn't mean to offend anyone.;)

Archived