Dubrovnik

Sorry, all-afloaty, I don't know what the dock area is called but if you look on Google Earth there is a cruise ship docked. It's near a large bridge! It's a bit of a walk into the old town but there are busses and taxis outside the port. I think a taxi was 10 euros. It's not an industrial dock at all and there are lovely views when up on deck.

We were in Dubrovnik last week. Ships dock outside of town and it was about 10 mins on the ship's shuttle, however it would be a good walk.

Our shuttle was free but there were taxis waiting by the ship and there was a notice on the wall stating that it is 10 euros per taxi into town or 50 euros for a 1 hour trip round the town. Good value if there are 4 of you and I guess they would take you up the mountain where the cable car goes. Interesting they quoted charges in euros as they only take Croatian Kuna in many parts of the town. There are also a few market stalls set up on the dock where you can buy local goods.

We were in Dubrovnik last week. Ships dock outside of town and it was about 10 mins on the ship's shuttle, however it would be a good walk.

Our shuttle was free but there were taxis waiting by the ship and there was a notice on the wall stating that it is 10 euros per taxi into town or 50 euros for a 1 hour trip round the town. Good value if there are 4 of you and I guess they would take you up the mountain where the cable car goes. Interesting they quoted charges in euros as they only take Croatian Kuna in many parts of the town. There are also a few market stalls set up on the dock where you can buy local goods.

Brilliant - thank you - there will be 4 of us so taxi it will be [emoji3]

Taxi definitely best way to get to the old town at Pile Gate. Only takes about 7-8 minutes, most of that time I would advise to keep your eyes shut and pray...............red lights and traffic crossings are viewed as a challenge.

And that was the case both to and from the Old Town!!

lol will do [emoji106]🏻[emoji23]

• 2 weeks later...

We did the taxi tour for 50 euros. As a group of four it was great value. We were taken to the top of the cable cars and to other interesting view points. The drivers English was very good and his local knowledge history, political and current including the proposed Donald Trump Golf Course protest made for a interesting hour. We were then taken to the old town and had a lovely wonder through it and back to the ship by taxi. You could pay with kuna or euros. However out ice cream and cold drinks was paid in kuna.

We did the taxi tour for 50 euros. As a group of four it was great value. We were taken to the top of the cable cars and to other interesting view points. The drivers English was very good and his local knowledge history, political and current including the proposed Donald Trump Golf Course protest made for a interesting hour. We were then taken to the old town and had a lovely wonder through it and back to the ship by taxi. You could pay with kuna or euros. However out ice cream and cold drinks was paid in kuna.

Great information thanks k8ti - sounds like a plan [emoji106]🏻