Majesty Review 9/18 - 9/25

generalcindy

What a fantastic time we had. The crew are truley delightful, the food is fantasic, and Bermuda is abosolutley beautiful !!!!

My husband and I can't wait to do it again !!

For anyone that is looking for a fabulous shore excursion, I strongly suggest calling Fantasea Cruises in Hamilton and book their snorkeling trip where you sailout out on a 55 ft Catamran "Arisrocat" with Smitty and Andrew. We sailed out about 2.5 miles from shore and dropped anchor and then suited up and went snorkeling. I was apprehensive at first, but once I was in, I loved it. Andrew personally took me along with him, so I wouldn't be afraid. The reef snorkleing was awesome.. So much fun !! While saialing back to shore, we were served rum Swizzles and Smitty played the guitar and sang to us.. That was the highlight on our stay in Bermuda.. We also went to Horseshoe bay (so pretty!!)and to St. Catherines Beach, where I found some pretty seaglass.

we were docked in St george until Thursday afternoon, when the wind kicked up and the shipped moved to Hamilton.. Some passengers we ticked off, but what can you do ?? saftey comes first. !!! I preferred being in St George's too, but Hamilton was a great place to shop for trinkets !!

Our sea days were spent laying in the sun. even on the way back to Boston when the ship was rocking and the wind was blowing, I found a great small deck on the 8th level on the back of the boat that was protected from the wind and I spent three hours there, laying in the sun..

I am oh so very jellous of anyone that gets to live in such a pretty place, as Bermuda.. and this is coming from some-one who grew up in Sydney australia !!!

I will be back as soon as a pay off my tab from this trip !!!

Anyone that has any questions, let me know !!! :D

I'm with you, one of my favorite cruises! Went about two years ago but just read a book, Winds Of Change by author Alisa Allan that took me back again! A contemporary romance novel but had some nice factual tidbits in it I didn't know while I was there. You can search for it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or google and find it. Great read!

Also with you on getting back, I told myself 2 years ago I was going to make it an annual fall trip, but haven't been able to squeeze it in again.

I'll agree that the Majesty and her crew are good!

I'll also agree that the Majesty is old, wasn't designed for Freestyle Cruising, and will probably be following the Sea to the Far East soon.

With three new Jewels being built in Germany, the next being the Pride of Hawaii, it's apparent that they will be replacing existing older ships.

I suspect the POH will be replacing the Wind, the others replacing the Majesty and Dream. Which would leave the smallest - 34,000 tons, oldest - originally built in 1988 for the luxury market, Norwegian Crown outlasting all the others.

Will NCL's next order for a new ship be small enough to cruise the South American fjords? Or will NCL finally order a Pax-Panama ship? It'll be interesting to see what NCL orders next.

It's one of the things I love about his ship, the small size. I love the Dawn also and love the Majesty for different reasons. I do hope we'll be able to sail on her to Bermuda for many years to come. Let's hope they wouldn't be foolish enough to take her completely out of the market and have nothing but the mega ships, I like them too, but as I said, for completely different reasons.

But a rep from NCL did tell me the other day that the Majesty would soon be retired...and replaced.

I asked if the Majesty's route from Charleston to the Western Carribbean (Nov-April) would be replaced and he was pretty sure it would be. It's so nice to only have to drive 3 hours to get on a ship.

In Nov, I will be driving to Miami...Yeesh!

Archived