Breakaway and dinner reservations, or lack of....

emilysmom97

Hi. Leaving on the Breakaway on Oct 11th. I've booked three restaurants in advance already but a lot of the good time slots are gone. Some questions...

1. As a Haven guest, can the concierge get you into a restaurant that seems booked? We cruised before on the Jewel class ships and reservations were never an issue because the ships were smaller.

2. If you don't have reservations, can you wait or do they turn you away?

I'm concerned about missing entertainment venues and may just cancel my current reservations and eat in the main dining rooms. I'd hate to not eat at Cagneys. On my last cruise I ate there 4 times! :D:D. Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Was on the Breakaway in July. We thought that the Haven restaurant for dinner was as good as any of the specialties (except for one chicken dish). It was nice that you could just show up anytime between 5:30 and 9:00, has a nice view and you can dress as you wish. Service was better than the other restaurants.

Yes, the concierge can get you into the restaurants.

You can always just show up and wait; at included restaurants it isn't too long a wait usually.

Thanks. I was worried they would be fully booked because online it shows only two time slots left on a many days at Cagneys. Usually 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM.

Thanks. I was worried they would be fully booked because online it shows only two time slots left on a many days at Cagneys. Usually 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM.

I have been on the Jewel Dawn and Breakaway, only on the breakaway did we need to make reservation. We are only 2 people, the amount of people does make a big difference. I only book in advance for a special event say birthday etc, But I would say make a reservation every night for dinner. For me it was one of a few negatives of the breakaway compared to the other ships. But it still is a awesome time enjoy.

Hi,

Was on the Breakaway in July. We thought that the Haven restaurant for dinner was as good as any of the specialties (except for one chicken dish). It was nice that you could just show up anytime between 5:30 and 9:00, has a nice view and you can dress as you wish. Service was better than the other restaurants.

Hi snorkelmom19. Good to know. Thank you!

I have been on the Jewel Dawn and Breakaway, only on the breakaway did we need to make reservation. We are only 2 people, the amount of people does make a big difference. I only book in advance for a special event say birthday etc, But I would say make a reservation every night for dinner. For me it was one of a few negatives of the breakaway compared to the other ships. But it still is a awesome time enjoy.

Hi shout19661966. It will be two of us as well. Did you book the morning of or when you first got on the ship? Was there any problem with getting the time you wanted? I'd read reservations were a must on the Breakaway because of the amount of guests. I love the Jewel class ships! Thanks. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

only a small percentage of available reservations are made available for pre booking, but anyway the concierge will have no problem getting you in. We are on the same cruise with you, see you in the Haven, we have a 2 bedroom

Hi pieshops. Hmm? I replied back to you but it's not there. Thanks. I didn't realize that NCL only make available a small percentage for advanced booking. That makes me feel better. As for the concierge, I would hope he/she could get us reservations as that's one of the perks of being a Haven guest. We're on deck 16. See you there and all your 35, rowdy, screaming, kids. It's going to be a tight squeeze in a two bedroom. ;):D

Edited by emilysmom97

You could also talk to the pre-cruise concierge at NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com or 855.625.4283 to see if you can get it sorted out before you arrive onboard.

I sailed the Breakaway in September. I had no problems getting into any of the specialty dining areas without reservations. My fiancé and I were often able to get right in because we were a small party. We did La Cucina, Moderno and Le Bistro without reservations. We had reservations with our larger party of 8 at Teppanyaki and Cagneys.

Hi pieshops. Hmm? I replied back to you but it's not there. Thanks. I didn't realize that NCL only make available a small percentage for advanced booking. That makes me feel better. As for the concierge, I would hope he/she could get us reservations as that's one of the perks of being a Haven guest. We're on deck 16. See you there and all your 35, rowdy, screaming, kids. It's going to be a tight squeeze in a two bedroom. ;):D

Ya, that woman with the stick up her arse got our posts deleted. lol

I sailed the Breakaway in September. I had no problems getting into any of the specialty dining areas without reservations. My fiancé and I were often able to get right in because we were a small party. We did La Cucina, Moderno and Le Bistro without reservations. We had reservations with our larger party of 8 at Teppanyaki and Cagneys.

That's great to hear! Thanks!!! BTW, who was the cruise director? We loved Julie and DanDan. Archie, not so much.

That's great to hear! Thanks!!! BTW, who was the cruise director? We loved Julie and DanDan. Archie, not so much.

The Breakaway cruise director was Silas. He was ok, I wasn't a huge fan of his persona (very into the more attractive women on the cruise)and he wasn't around the ship or on the lido deck too much. Adam, his assistant cruise director, was a total ham and livened up a lot of events and parties. Ferdie hosted a lot of game show events (Family Feud, Deal or No Deal) and was a blast.

The Breakaway cruise director was Silas. He was ok, I wasn't a huge fan of his persona (very into the more attractive women on the cruise)and he wasn't around the ship or on the lido deck too much. Adam, his assistant cruise director, was a total ham and livened up a lot of events and parties. Ferdie hosted a lot of game show events (Family Feud, Deal or No Deal) and was a blast.

Thanks. I'm big on the game shows so it's nice to know Ferdie is hosting them.