Carnival Pride pool

Michie78

Hi

I will be traveling in Nivember and was wondering if there is a covered pool area on the pride

Thanks

yes, however, they cannot operate the cover when the ship is in motion. My guess is they will have it covered before you depart in November, so you should be good for the way down. However, not sure they will cover it on the way back as it will be warm when you depart your last port. If that is the case, then it may not be covered on the way back.

yes, however, they cannot operate the cover when the ship is in motion. My guess is they will have it covered before you depart in November, so you should be good for the way down. However, not sure they will cover it on the way back as it will be warm when you depart your last port. If that is the case, then it may not be covered on the way back.

I don't know where you got the information that the roof cannot be operated while the ship is moving but it is incorrect. I was on the Pride last year and it was operated while sailing through the Atlantic Ocean. I have also been on other ships with a retractable roof (Glory, Splendor) and they were also operated while the ship was underway.

Yes but if it rains the roof leaks! It also makes that whole area a little hot and muggy. Fun for swimming but did not enjoy watching the big screen movie in there with the roof closed.

Never noticed that problem when it was snowing outside in Baltimore where the Pride homeports. Never noticed any leaks when it rains either and if there are any leaks I bet it's a lot less than the rain that would be down pouring on the deck.

The roofs are only closed when it is either freezing cold out or extremely stormy or rainy.

I don't know where you got the information that the roof cannot be operated while the ship is moving but it is incorrect. I was on the Pride last year and it was operated while sailing through the Atlantic Ocean. I have also been on other ships with a retractable roof (Glory, Splendor) and they were also operated while the ship was underway.

I was on the pride re-positioning cruise from tampa to Baltimore in March, and they did not close the roof for the last day of sailing even though it was only in the 40's. I asked why and they said they would have had to close it before leaving St Marteen as they cannot close the dome while sailing. My guess is that if they slow down to a crawl they may be able to do it, but on the way back on our cruise they probably did not have the time.. However, that is just a guess on my part.

• 2 weeks later...
I was on the pride re-positioning cruise from tampa to Baltimore in March, and they did not close the roof for the last day of sailing even though it was only in the 40's. I asked why and they said they would have had to close it before leaving St Marteen as they cannot close the dome while sailing. My guess is that if they slow down to a crawl they may be able to do it, but on the way back on our cruise they probably did not have the time.. However, that is just a guess on my part.

I have been on the Pride 4 times and twice it was either raining or cold and was told the same thing. The roof cannot be operated while the ship was moving.

We were old the same thing.

We were old the same thing.

Me too....and there was another thread when I mentioned this and someone said I was wrong. Which I have been many times!!! :p:o I wonder if the PTB make the rules as they go along! :rolleyes: Whatever...have a great cruise. Pride is a great ship. We did a B2B in May and are doing a 14 night Journeys cruise in March. CAN'T WAIT to get back on her! :)