Transport to Rome

CathyCruises

Who have people been using lately for shared transport from the port into Rome? I joined a group last time and can't remember who we used. It was 20-25E per person with drop off at individual hotels, I think we had 6 people. I'm trying to put group together from our roll call.

Just looking for a ride, no tour, and low cost. If anyone has used such a service and been satisfied, please share!!

Thanks, Cathy

Our "go to" outfit is Romecabs who will do the transfer for 25-30€ per person (the best price is with 8 persons). We have always been more then satisfied with this company who provides very nice vans and excellent drivers...most of whom speak some English.

As to the train, although we often recommend the train and use it ourselves, it actually does not make a lot of sense for a group carrying luggage. You first have to take the free port shuttle to get out of the port and then transfer to a local bus (or walk nearly a mile carrying your luggage) to the train station. Once at Termini it is a very long walk(dragging your luggage) from the track (used for the Civitavecchia train) to the main exit where you can find taxis. At that point you still need a taxi to get to your hotel. All those hassles will save you no more then 15-20€ per person (and probably less). Compare this to getting off the ship, grabbing your luggage, hopping in a clean van, and driving directly to your hotel. With luggage we would pay the few extra Euros every time. Without luggage or with just a small carry-on we would use the train.

Hank

Thanks Hank. I am well acquainted with the train and have taken it many times, but am specifically looking for a shared van this time for all the exact reasons you mention. I will contact Rome Cabs today. Cathy

Well, Rome cabs turned out to be €150 for four people, and CivitaVecchia shuttle is €105. Any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Well, Rome cabs turned out to be €150 for four people, and CivitaVecchia shuttle is €105. Any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

We might go with the cheaper option :) assuming you can find some positive comments/references. They seem to get mixed reviews on TA but its always tricky evaluating negatives. While I might be reluctant to gamble on the unknown (to me) on an airport transfer, a hotel transfer has much less risk since if things go wrong you will not miss your flight.

Hank

We might go with the cheaper option :) assuming you can find some positive comments/references. They seem to get mixed reviews on TA but its always tricky evaluating negatives. While I might be reluctant to gamble on the unknown (to me) on an airport transfer, a hotel transfer has much less risk since if things go wrong you will not miss your flight.

Hank

That was my thought too. And some of the negative comments on trip advisor seemed to be the clients' fault!

I have used Roma Shuttle in the past very happily, and they were on the lower end of the price scale. However, I haven't used them in the last couple of years so I'd definitely recommend looking up other reviews of them if you are considering...

Looks like they are 105 euro for 4 passengers as a shuttle.

I have used Roma Shuttle in the past very happily, and they were on the lower end of the price scale. However, I haven't used them in the last couple of years so I'd definitely recommend looking up other reviews of them if you are considering...

Looks like they are 105 euro for 4 passengers as a shuttle.

Thanks, I'll have a look!