Crown Grill on Royal Princess

winter11

I have gotten different answers on this from Princess. Does the Crown Grill allow you to order multiple entrees for the $25 cover charge? I know that there is a surcharge to add a lobster tail, but is there a charge if I would like both the filet and the sea bass?

The lobster available at a surcharge is no longer on the menu. Small lobster tails are available and included in the $25 cost. You can order as much as you want. We often order a filet and lobster tails. They are not very big and they often bring 4-6 for the two of us to share.

I have gotten different answers on this from Princess. Does the Crown Grill allow you to order multiple entrees for the $25 cover charge? I know that there is a surcharge to add a lobster tail, but is there a charge if I would like both the filet and the sea bass?

It appears that you have old info thinking there's a surcharge for a lobster tail (originally a whole lobster was an additional $9) & here's a link to the current menu.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/CrownGrillMenu-Sample-2013.pdf

I've had the same experiences as others on all ships that have a CG. My wife skips the early courses & gets multiple entrees instead...mussels, filet mignon & lobster tails. I don't get mussels & instead have the 1st courses and the entree side dishes are served on a plate to share.

We just got off the Ruby and had a meal in the Crown Grill. My son got two steaks for the one surcharge and the table got a platter of 6 lobster tails to share, even though only two were requested. We were also given one of every vege side in a family style serving. The quality of the steaks is a step above the MDR, so the $25 is money well spent IMHO.

Just got off the Royal today. We ate in the Crown Grill a couple of times and always ordered a variety of steak and lobster tails. We also had them bring separate little bowls of HOT butter. Service was great as usual in any Crown Grill and the food is a couple of steps better than the MDR. Order anything you want and as many as you want anyway you want and enjoy!!!!!!!!:)

No extra $$.

Yes, a hearty yes, to what others have said, above.

I have found, at CG on multiple ships, that if you don't order "enough"' the wonderful waiters suggest having additional items.

Most recently, in Alaska, the waiters brought us the special salmon, in addition to the entrees we ordered:). Fab!

One time, when I "only" ordered the mussels as my entree, the waiter wanted me to have a filet, as well.

Is that super great, or what?

I love Crown Grill (on the Star, Grand, Golden, and Ruby:)

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

Just to pile on my experience (from July on the EPpy) in July that already seems evident, I ordered the lobster tail along with my steak. It was a decent size and there was no extra charge.

As far as I know you can order anything and as much on the menu as your stomach will hold or that you have the guts to ask for. ;)