Buckets of beer, bottles of wine, and CHEERS?

bahama_mama2015

Okay so I have done a ton of research and I have asked a ton of questions, but please tell me if this will work?

I know that the CHEERS program won't allow you to buy more then one drink at a time and you are maxed at 15 drinks a day.

I KNOW our first night we will drink more then 15 drinks. The first day is always the most exciting of a vacation right?

I want to make sure that I can buy the CHEERS Package the next day, we will only pay for three days instead of four, correct? (Traveling on the Inspiration).

So if I want to enjoy a bucket of beers as we sail away I can do that without signing up for CHEERS......could I even buy CHEERS later in the evening?

Where do you buy CHEERS once as you are on the ship?

Thanks for all your help!

If you want a bucket of beers along with Cheers, all you have to do is once you are on board go back to the bar every 15 mins and get a new bottle of beer. Ask your room steward for a bucket of ice and take it with you up on deck. By the time sail away rolls around, you should have plenty of beers saved up to put in your ice bucket.

Just a thought.

Edited by stobe1

If you want a bucket of beers along with Cheers, all you have to do is once you are on board go back to the bar every 15 mins and get a new bottle of beer. Ask your room steward for a bucket of ice and take it with you up on deck. By the time sail away rolls around, you should have plenty of beers saved up to put in your ice bucket.

Just a thought.

That sounds like too much work for me! LOL! I am planning on being super LAZY this cruise!

...or preorder some beers from the Fun Shop to be waiting for you in your stateroom on embarkation and get a bucket of ice from your steward.

You can have your bucket of beers for sail away that way and still get Cheers on the first day.

Edited by stobe1

We like to sit at a bar and build-a-bucket. Buy one, start drinking it then wait 5 minutes and order another one, then another, then another, then another. By that time we either have already started a second one, or we wait and order another so we can walk around with a full bucket and one in hand.

Sailaway is a hard time to get drinks, most ships have muster pretty close to sailing and with no drinks allowed and the bars fill right up. It does help if you can stash a bucket in your room, then run to the room and grab your bucket after muster on your way outside to watch the city disappear behind you.

We don't do this for any cost advantage, it is purely so we don't have to leave the rail while the ship sails out.

Edited by WLHyatt

We like to sit at a bar and build-a-bucket. Buy one, start drinking it then wait 5 minutes and order another one, then another, then another, then another. By that time we either have already started a second one, or we wait and order another so we can walk around with a full bucket and one in hand.

Sailaway is a hard time to get drinks, most ships have muster pretty close to sailing and with no drinks allowed and the bars fill right up. It does help if you can stash a bucket in your room, then run to the room and grab your bucket after muster on your way outside to watch the city disappear behind you.

We don't do this for any cost advantage, it is purely so we don't have to leave the rail while the ship sails out.

How do you stash the bucket?

And exactly, we are doing it to save money, we want to find a comfy spot and watch the sail away without having to get up and fight thru the crowds to get a drink!

You can build your own bucket in twenty minutes with cheers. You can get a drink every 5 minutes. I would recommend the Fosters as they are 25 ounces each! In a mere 15 minutes you can have 8 twelve ounce equivalent beers with the Fosters.

You can build your own bucket in twenty minutes with cheers. You can get a drink every 5 minutes. I would recommend the Fosters as they are 25 ounces each! In a mere 15 minutes you can have 8 twelve ounce equivalent beers with the Fosters.

Where do you grab an empty bucket?

I have not seen any rule regarding open beers, but the bartenders will leave them closed if you request most of the time.

I don't get the bucket, I just tell the bartender what I want and they usually will do it without much explanation. I usually tip pretty well and keep looking for that bartender for the rest of the cruise.

I am loving all this advice!!! If I decide not to get CHEERS the first night, you can get it the second day right?

Yes, you can purchase cheers the second day or later in the 1st day! I would do what others are saying and just ask for a bucket w/ ice and order your beers not opened (Yes, they will leave them closed!) Have a great cruise!

Here are my 3 questions. I have pre-purchased Cheers! for our upcoming cruise:

1) Can I order a bucket of beer and have it charged to my Sail and Sign as if I didn't have the Cheers! program, since buckets of beer are not available with Cheers!?

2) Regarding purchasing a round for friends- this is copied off the Carnival Website: Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s Sail and Sign account So, what is stopping me from ordering a drink on my Cheers! program and a bucket of beer for my "friends" but really, drinking it all? :cool:

3) Same with Bottles of Wine....isn't this a way to work around the drink limit? I'm assuming when you order a bottle of wine it won't count against your drink limit for Cheers! So as long as you're okay with paying for it, you could order a bottle to sip on throughout sail away and still have your 15 drink limit in tact, right?

I too, am really only concerned about the drink limit on embarkation day and days at sea. 15 sounds like alot, but a beer or two around the pool, a fruity drink before heading down to the cabin, 2 drinks before dinner, a dinner drink, drink at the show....at the night is still young! :p We employ the generous tipping technique and are hoping we get a little more mileage out of things with that, too.

You can still order buckets of beer with the Cheers program. Depending on the bartender, none will count toward your 15 limit or 1 of the 4 will count toward your drink limit and you pay accordingly. Also, they will not open them if you ask them not too. On our last cruise we just paid for the buckets of beer because we were going to hit our limit also, this particular bar tender didn't put any against our 15.

Here are my 3 questions. I have pre-purchased Cheers! for our upcoming cruise:

1) Can I order a bucket of beer and have it charged to my Sail and Sign as if I didn't have the Cheers! program, since buckets of beer are not available with Cheers!?

2) Regarding purchasing a round for friends- this is copied off the Carnival Website: Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s Sail and Sign account So, what is stopping me from ordering a drink on my Cheers! program and a bucket of beer for my "friends" but really, drinking it all? :cool:

3) Same with Bottles of Wine....isn't this a way to work around the drink limit? I'm assuming when you order a bottle of wine it won't count against your drink limit for Cheers! So as long as you're okay with paying for it, you could order a bottle to sip on throughout sail away and still have your 15 drink limit in tact, right?

I too, am really only concerned about the drink limit on embarkation day and days at sea. 15 sounds like alot, but a beer or two around the pool, a fruity drink before heading down to the cabin, 2 drinks before dinner, a dinner drink, drink at the show....at the night is still young! :p We employ the generous tipping technique and are hoping we get a little more mileage out of things with that, too.

I'm not sure why you'd pay for a bucket of beer if you have purchased the Cheers program unless you're at the 15 limit?? Like others said get a bucket with ice and your waiter will bring you beer (towards your Cheers) to put in it. Same thing as buying a bucket.

Same with the bottle of wine. You're allowed to bring 2 bottles onboard - just bring them with you!

The bartenders/waiters will let you know when you're almost at the 15 limit. Just buy any drinks you need from there out if you reach your limit.

Just my thoughts!