RCI Credit Card for International Travel?

I used my RCI credit card in July in Vancouver because I didn't want to bother with currency exchange and trying to figure out how much money I should allow for. Overall, the foreign transaction fees didn't amount to much more than $20, so it wasn't a big deal, but I think before I head out on my transatlantic next April I should get a card that doesn't charge for those fees.

Is it just me, or doesn't it seem odd that Royal Caribbean "International" credit card doesn't include that service.

Right now I'm leaning toward getting a Marriott card because the points look attractive ... any other suggestions?

I used my RCI credit card in July in Vancouver because I didn't want to bother with currency exchange and trying to figure out how much money I should allow for. Overall, the foreign transaction fees didn't amount to much more than $20, so it wasn't a big deal, but I think before I head out on my transatlantic next April I should get a card that doesn't charge for those fees.

Is it just me, or doesn't it seem odd that Royal Caribbean "International" credit card doesn't include that service.

Right now I'm leaning toward getting a Marriott card because the points look attractive ... any other suggestions?

Capital One. There are several depending on if you favor cash back or points for travel. No foreign transaction fees. If you open a checking account and get a debit card, you can use that at ATMs overseas, no foreign transaction fees, no cash advance fees, ATM fees reimbursed up to $30 per month.

Barclays arrival plus. I actually learned about it on cruise critic-- by far the best card I have ever seen. 2 percent back on every purchase, with a 10% point rebate for every redemption. When I signed up last spring, I got points worth $400 statement credit.

I've had both capital one and chase sapphire preferred-- neither holds a candle to this one.

Edited by denatravels

I love the Chase Sapphire Preferred. No international fees, free trip protection, free rental car coverage, 20% bonus on points, etc.

Agree on the Chase Sapphire card. Nice extras, no fees.(plus it looks cool- sort of feels like blue metal. No numbers on the front) Gave me a much higher limit than I expected also.

Chase sapphire preferred has a fee. Maybe it's different?

The fee is waived the first year. Another nice feature of the card is that you can transfer points to frequent flier miles on a variety of carriers, 1/1.

The fee is waived the first year. Another nice feature of the card is that you can transfer points to frequent flier miles on a variety of carriers, 1/1.

Agreed. Lately, I have been greatly noticing the absence of Delta on the airlines list-- bout had it with United.