Cruise Only - Am I being stupid?

Clicked on the Thomson Cruise site this morning and found a completely new format. http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/

At the top where you put in your cruise criteria it lists all UK airports but I cannot find a section for Cruise Only. Am I looking with my eyes shut or is this not an option anymore?

Thanks.

Clicked on the Thomson Cruise site this morning and found a completely new format. http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/

At the top where you put in your cruise criteria it lists all UK airports but I cannot find a section for Cruise Only. Am I looking with my eyes shut or is this not an option anymore?

Thanks.

ahh yes... i see what you mean... there is no way to deselect the flights?

Just had this reply on the Thomson FB page <<Hi Brenda, We are currently having some technical issues with cruise only bookings this morning I'm afraid, we are hoping this will be resolved shortly. ^Kayleigh>> So hopefully it is only a glitch.

hopefully it a glitch?.... otherwise they have shot themselves in the foot a bit there havnt they? :rolleyes:

there are always a lot of locals on cruise only holidays, especially in caribbean Barbados/jamaica) ... we have friends from jamaica who sailed over to mobay on the dream ta last year for christmas because it was cheaper than an air ticket would be at that time of year (they basically got a free cruise thrown in):cool:

I saw a post somewhere over on one of the FB sites, querying the same thing. The reply they got was this option is only available in store......:confused:

Yes, I saw this too so sent another FB message to the Thomson page:-

My message

Does this mean that the Cruise Only option will be added to your new website or that in future we will always have to phone?

Thomson Cruises reply

Hi Brenda, I believe this will be added to the website. ^Melanie

I am not holding my breath!!!

Edited by campolady

if you have to phone, that would mean that you have no way of knowing the flight price/cruise price/package price breakdown

you cant track the cruise only prices (which incidentally is good way of seeing the availability of cabins) if you have to phone? and... they could (and probably would) quote you any price over the phone? which you would have no way of comparing

Edited by geomagot

I saw a post somewhere over on one of the FB sites, querying the same thing. The reply they got was this option is only available in store......:confused:

Conflicting advice from different sources within Thomsons ?

Sounds like the right hand is unaware what the left hand is doing.

A familiar tale.

I do hope they sort this out. Living one 30 minutes from the port of Malaga we have already booked a cruise only on Thomson Spirit for Oct 2016 and will want to keep an eye on cruise only late deals on line for a late bargain

Ditto for us.

I do hope they sort this out. Living one 30 minutes from the port of Malaga we have already booked a cruise only on Thomson Spirit for Oct 2016 and will want to keep an eye on cruise only late deals on line for a late bargain

You will have to keep an eye on prices by checking cruises including flights for now.....

Can't believe they have done this though!!

This is the latest reply from Thomson on their FB page

Hi Suzanne, We are currently unable to book cruise only online. You would need to visit your local store or contact our sales team on 0203 451 2682 to book a cruise only. ^Jodie

But if you only want cruise only, you probably live in Spain etc, so how could you visit a local store :confused::confused:

But if you only want cruise only, you probably live in Spain etc, so how could you visit a local store :confused::confused:

I just looked on Cruise Deals and they are showing a 7 day cruise on Celebration departing Malaga on 28.4.16, sans flights so maybe one could book over t'phone.

I made a complaint about there being no option now to just book a cruise without flights using their website. Their reply was,

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruises.

As our website is currently being updated we do not have the facility to book cruise only online. To book your cruise, please call 0044 203 451 2688 and choose option 1.

We have a property in Paphos, Cyprus and have been on three cruises from Limassol, all booked at the last minute for good prices. The first cruise we did was the one that does two days in Ashdod, and we only paid £199 for a week.

I would say they are going to have a lot of empty cabins, as, on some occasions, all the flights from the UK have been full, especially at Oct half term and Easter, but there have been cruises available without flights.

There is a travel agent in Paphos who is an agent for Thomson (Century Travel) so we have the option to book through them, but it will be difficult for us to compare prices.

I made a complaint about there being no option now to just book a cruise without flights using their website. Their reply was,

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruises.

As our website is currently being updated we do not have the facility to book cruise only online. To book your cruise, please call 0044 203 451 2688 and choose option 1.

We have a property in Paphos, Cyprus and have been on three cruises from Limassol, all booked at the last minute for good prices. The first cruise we did was the one that does two days in Ashdod, and we only paid £199 for a week.

I would say they are going to have a lot of empty cabins, as, on some occasions, all the flights from the UK have been full, especially at Oct half term and Easter, but there have been cruises available without flights.

There is a travel agent in Paphos who is an agent for Thomson (Century Travel) so we have the option to book through them, but it will be difficult for us to compare prices.

Our friends rang Thomson yesterday as they now request to book a Cruise Only only to be told by the responder that she hadn't a clue how to book CO and couldn't tell them what cabins were available or even give them a price!

Edited by campolady