Falmouth excursions

crznfuls

We're booked on Royal (Feb 2016) and all ports have excursions listed except for Falmouth. Does anyone know when these excursions might be posted?

Must be a computer issue. I would call Princess and ask, they may not even know. :cool:

We're booked on Royal (Feb 2016) and all ports have excursions listed except for Falmouth. Does anyone know when these excursions might be posted?

I'm surprised Princess is sailing Falmouth, isn't it an RCI built port? Perhaps that's one of the problems, getting tours organized in a newish port.. You still have lots of time, and there are good independent operators - check the Ports of Call forums for info...

Yes, that port was built by RCI is what we were also told. We have been there twice, once off a RC cruise and once off a Holland America. In the immediate port area there are some shops (Jewelry and souvenirs) and a very small straw market area. Outside the fence and security gates surrounding the port area there is a town. There is not a beach within a walking distance.

On the more recent visit we went to the Hilton Rose Hall all inclusive resort for the day. We booked it through Resorts for a Day and it really was a very nice day, not cheap but very nice. Dunns River Falls would be about 45 minutes to an hour away.

I'm sure Princess will offer tours, the lines we sailed on offered quite a few.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Your cruise is the only call for Princess at Falmouth this season. So it could be only shortly before sailing that they get around to arranging with the local providers for excursions to book.

...and being curious I searched to see if there would be any calls at Falmouth next season (2106-17). And found this: when I search the Princess website for all Caribbean cruises from Port Everglades, the default itinerary for the 7-day Western is the OP's of Princess Cays/Falmouth/Grand Cayman/Cozumel. But when I change to a ship- & month-specific search (Regal doing the 7 day in place of Royal next season) the itinerary for the same dates found in the first search is Princess Cays/Montego Bay/Grand Cayman/Cozumel. Don't know if the Jamaica port schedules are not finalized so Princess is leaving open which sailings may be bumped to Falmouth--or is it just typical IT shenanigans?