Blood test while on Explorer?

toddthecow

Please call RCCL to find out the answer to this question. Make sure you know before you board. I took this off the RCCL website.

If you have another type of medical condition that has not been mentioned, please inquire about policies and procedures that may affect your cruise. Call us at (800) 722-5472 x34492 (voice/TDD), send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com, or have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us.

Here is the page.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/home.do;jsessionid=0000AwiMo8Rks_11MIOBC_n75n7:10ktmf1jr

Man, I wouldn't give my name ... just ask for general information.

I'd be afraid that if I told them I was on Comudan (sp?) and needed this blood test, that they might deny me boarding. Comudan is pretty powerful crap. You get a cut while onboard, you could wind up bleeding to death. The medical staff onboard might be understandably hesitant to accept the risk that such a passenger presents.

I was on that stuff for about six months after my developing some bigtime blood clots in my legs after a major surgery (the installation of titanium rods after I broke 'em both). I accidentally bit my tongue one day and it took about five hours and loads of ice to get the bleeding to stop.

Frankly, if I were in the position of wanting to cruise, I would arrange to get my blood test before boarding and then hope for the best while there.

You know the old saying ... it's better to beg forgiveness afterwards than to ask permission in advance.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived