Had a good time on the Sky 4 night

LMaxwell

Recently returned from a 4 night trip on the Sky to the Bahamas and overall had a good time and good impression of NCL. The trip was not without it's faults, but I consider them to be minor and did not detract significantly from the overall experience. I'll make some follow up posts and review areas such as ship layout and condition, what I found in regards to service, activities, UBP, crowd mix, food, and the ports themselves including Port of Miami. I'll go into detail on what I consider "misses" and while they weren't a big deal, I will let you decide how important they would be to you.

I have been going on cruises for +/- 25 years and have been onboard Royal Caribbean (diamond member), Carnival, Celebrity, Resorts World (Bimini Superfast), as well as being aboard Princess ships. This was my first NCL cruise and the mood of this board is very negative and mean spirited and had really sucked a lot of the enthusiasm out of the trip; but as it got nearer I just ignored the CC bash and burn brigade and am thankful for those that answered specific questions and gave help.

I'm glad you had a good time. My first cruise was the sky and everything was great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey lmaxwell/cool cruiser...You post caught my eye.....we are D+ with RC and were given our NCL cruise courtesy of Caesars Entertainment for our gambling. I have to say that my excitement was a little dampened by everything I have read...however, we are flexible people and shall have a good time no matter what the scenario. I was hoping you could help me out....we are there for 4 days...I plan on having dinner at The Crossings one night, The MDR, one nite.....what other venue (for no additional charge) would you recommend??? any small cafes, bistros etc? Also, anything else for a 1st time NCL cruiser...you seem to have an open mind.......thx for all!!

Hey lmaxwell/cool cruiser...You post caught my eye.....we are D+ with RC and were given our NCL cruise courtesy of Caesars Entertainment for our gambling. I have to say that my excitement was a little dampened by everything I have read...however' date=' we are flexible people and shall have a good time no matter what the scenario. I was hoping you could help me out....we are there for 4 days...I plan on having dinner at The Crossings one night, The MDR, one nite.....what other venue (for no additional charge) would you recommend??? any small cafes, bistros etc? Also, anything else for a 1st time NCL cruiser...you seem to have an open mind.......thx for all!![/quote']

I'm not the person you asked, but I''ve been on so thought I'd chime in

The Sky does not have a huge choice for dining.

Complimentary choices include Longboards Sports Bar, the two MDR's (Crossings is an MDR, and so is Palace. identical except for decor), and the buffet. I like Longboards and you can make a dinner there if you like.

For pay:

Sushi a la carte in Plantation Club.

Cagneys = steak

Le bistro = french

la cucina = italian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sailing on the Sky this March wife and 3 teenagers .... Wondering if some one can comment on tips in the ports for activities that may intrest the family... Places to eat .. See , beach access any suggestions would be appreciated ... Know about Atlantis looking for an alternative and have a Cabana rented already... Would like to Snorkle ... Thanks for the help! P.S thanks LMaxwell great info!

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

I am sailing on the NCL Sky in December of this year, and i am booked in a mid ship interior stateroom, cabin #9137.....Has any one ever stayed in this cabin, or in any of the mid ship interior cabins? If so, can you tell me about the cabin....

Also about the Inclusive Drink Package....is everything included....like in the regular UBP on the other ships? or is it limited? Do they limit you to the brands of Beers, and liquior used to make either mixed drinks or frozen drinks?

I was reading, and alot of people have been disappointed in this....Would like your views on the Drink Package....and how is entertainment...and activities...

Hi LM, I would like to thank you for taking time to write about the good, bad and not so ugly time on the Sky. I too have seen not many positive threads about this ship. This will be our 11th cruise and first on NCCL. I am cruising with my daughter's family (two young ones)in October and always find the best in cruising. No brainer vs. working in an office all day but people expect much more these days. I am looking for a bit of sun and the chance to dance with my grand daughter.

I am not expecting the food to be as good as HAL or CEL but who cares my grandson will still like his hot dog and chicken fingers and that's all that matters.

Thanks again and good cruising:):)

Hi LM, I would like to thank you for taking time to write about the good, bad and not so ugly time on the Sky. I too have seen not many positive threads about this ship. This will be our 11th cruise and first on NCCL. I am cruising with my daughter's family (two young ones)in October and always find the best in cruising. No brainer vs. working in an office all day but people expect much more these days. I am looking for a bit of sun and the chance to dance with my grand daughter.

I am not expecting the food to be as good as HAL or CEL but who cares my grandson will still like his hot dog and chicken fingers and that's all that matters.

Thanks again and good cruising:):)

I liked the ship. I'd go again. GSC is a great stop. If I coughed up some bucks to get around in Freeport I probably would have liked it better. I'm sure entertainment rotates, so we'd see something new. In December I went on Carnival Victory and I think the Sky was a better laid out, nicer looking ship in better condition.

I'm always watching the prices for Sky...

Nice review! I did this cruise in December and am going again in two weeks! I was worried that it would be too much of a step down after sailing on the NCL Pearl to Alaska last summer, but we went in with open minds and had a blast!

If you think of it as an extended booze cruise, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

We were on this cruise also and really had a lot of fun. I have a full review on the ship review section. I was so worried because of all the bad stuff being said but we didn't have of those problems at all. Food was good, drinks were good, service was good and the crew were nice and friendly. I would recommend this cruise for a quick few days away!