S1 on the Constilation

Jaxom37

We are doing the TA from Rome in a few weeks and wanted to know if there is really a dvd player in the suite. Seven days at sea can be a tad boring I expect.

Thanks for your help.

Doubtful. There will be some movies on the TV and Pay for Movies, but I personally bring plenty of books on Kindle, and download some movies in advance I can play on a tablet. You _may_ be able to have your butler bring a DVD player in, but not sure who uses DVDs anymore or what the ship has for a library. I've never seen a "RedBox" onboard. :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There will be a lot more to do on board on your TA. We've been on two westbound ones and thought we'd be just hanging around. We were pleasantly surprised at how much was going on. They obviously ratchet up the program. We found there were things we wanted to do at the same time, multiple times a day.

I got involved in an art class. Interesting. I had a great time and met some people and we ended up coming early and staying late. There was a passenger choir. Rehearsals every day and performance the last day.

There were I think 3 different lecturers and we went to quite a few of them. All very interesting.

Of course there was the pool and it was full every day, but it's not our thing.

I did some needlework which is relaxing to me, and I brought it into various places on board. Husband donated some money to the blackjack tables, won some too. I finished three books on my Kindle. DH played ping pong nearly every day, and I watched some and that sometimes drew quite a crowd.

We were on Equinox and there was the Hot Glass Show. Two hour shows nearly every day twice a day, and I went to one almost every day. Last day I went to two.

We hung out in the suite a good bit too, and on our balcony. Had a lot of movies on our computer loaded up.

We spent a bit of time in the spa area, walking, doing the machines, working up a sweat on the ellipticals.

I hope you have a wonderful time and find that your days are filled with fun and enjoyable things to do. Or not.

I'm looking forward to a whole lot of the "not" in 37 days.

I am sure you can get cables to attach your tablet/surface/laptop to the TV. I seem to remember someone recently giving instructions on what you need and what to do, hopefully they will come back on and inform you.

As others have said, however, it is amazing how time does fly on sea days. We had iPads loaded for our Hawaii to Sydney cruise last year, films and books still not watched and we have fitted in another cruise since then!

Have a great holiday!