FCC shuffle.. can it be done?

ednmargo

Here is a twist that I haven't seen proposed yet. A month ago I placed a deposit on the Regal 14 day on the 27 Nov 2016 cruise with my one and only FCC that I had. Low and behold yesterday a great deal on the Caribbean Princess was found for 14 days out of Houston on 14 Feb 2016 and I put a deposit down on that one. Question... can I shuffle my FCC over from my November cruise to my Feb cruise? Neither one is close to full payment due yet, just deposits on them. Oh here is a tricky wicket. Both have different TAs attached to them. Also then once onboard the CB can I get a FCC and once home put that bad boy down on my November cruise?

I throw this tough question out to all you cruise demigods in the hopes that you have some insight on this. Thanks!

Cheers!

Margo

Actually you can. But, it will be considered a rebook. What you have to do is this:

First cancel the cruise that you have the FCC on. Apply it to the cruise you want.

Rebook the second cruise if you want to secure a particular cabin, if not, don't worry about rebooking because you can't protect the price nor any promotion attached to it.

After you cruise, take your newly purchased FCC and apply it to the second cruise. You will most likely have to rebook at the current price/package. Sometimes it works out just fine. Clear as mud???? Good luck!!!

This situation is exactly why we now have 3 or 4 future cruise credits (each) lined up. We usually only cruise once or twice a year if we are luck, but, have found that when good deals sneak up it is always good to have FCCs available (it means the possibility of more than one or two cruises a year :D).

Thanks so much for all the replies! I figured as much. I will prob move the FCC over to the cruise in February as my Nov cruise has the Sip and Sail drink package and so I won't need as much cruise credit. Who knew I would take 2 next year when I've had a 3 year dry spell.

Margo

Actually you can. But, it will be considered a rebook. What you have to do is this:

First cancel the cruise that you have the FCC on. Apply it to the cruise you want.

Rebook the second cruise if you want to secure a particular cabin, if not, don't worry about rebooking because you can't protect the price nor any promotion attached to it.

After you cruise, take your newly purchased FCC and apply it to the second cruise. You will most likely have to rebook at the current price/package. Sometimes it works out just fine. Clear as mud???? Good luck!!!

That was the way I thought it would have to be done. Unless you got a real bargain on the 2nd cruise , it probably would work out fine. Do the math.

If you have to cancel and rebook, you'll lose whatever promotion was offered at the time you originally booked.
Youll also probably lose your cabin and dining preference if you requested fixed seating Traditional dining. It's possible you'll pay more if you rebook if prices have gone up.

You can often book with just a $100 deposit, but these sales usually don't have the OBC you get with the certificates. We usually keep at least two certificates per person ready, though, and have even used them when Princess was offering the low deposit or within the final payment period just to get the OBC.

To summarize the other posters - if you cancel a cruise the certificate goes back into your bank for a future use. And you cannot use a certificate for a cruise you already have booked. So the only way to move it to a different cruise where two are booked is cancel both and rebook second first, and hope that fares have not gone up.