Spa Pass

wanderlust81

Breakaway 14 day is 299.00 PLUS your 18% gratuities..... (don't know who were tipping?) but I guess beds do need to be constantly wiped down, and you would think everyone would discard their own towels.... right now on the 31st of Jan. sailing on the BA on line is sold out, so that would be keep an eye open or as soon as you board pay for it.

Breakaway 14 day is 299.00 PLUS your 18% gratuities..... (don't know who were tipping?)
Are you absolutely sure that they add the 18% spa treatment gratuity? Can you confirm first-hand that when you go to check out, the price you have to pay is not $299 but $352.82?

Are you absolutely sure that they add the 18% spa treatment gratuity? Can you confirm first-hand that when you go to check out, the price you have to pay is not $299 but $352.82?

yes it, it's on the site. (well was on our page but no longer since it is sold out, there was another discussion about this too

yes it, it's on the site. (well was on our page but no longer since it is sold out, there was another discussion about this too
I saw the following thread a couple of days ago, and everyone there said there was no service charge/gratuity added to the price of the spa pass (like people earlier in this thread, too). This also matches my own experience purchasing spa passes online for an Epic cruise just a few days ago.

Question for recent spa pass purchasers

If things are different on BA, that would be a sad new development. Can someone with a BA cruise coming up in the next 90-100 days, and who still has the spa pass showing as available in their Explore & Plan, please check if the 18% is added at checkout?

When you pre-buy the spa pass does anyone know how they verify it is you. I have seen things from stickers on room keys, to bracelets, etc. How is it done now? Thinking about buying it for my girlfriend but I might want to try it once and it wouldn't make sense to buy a whole cruise pass for myself... Just curious if anyone has anything that has worked successfully in the past.

avorites

Thermal Suite Pass

Save $20 off the onboard price when you book online!

Experience the ultimate in relaxation and heat therapy at the Thermal Suite where you can refresh and recharge.

PRICE $ 299.00

DURATION

UNLIMITED

SELECT

Click here for a list of spa services available to book onboard the ship.

1-1 OF 1

Guests must be 18 or older to indulge in our spa services.

*An 18% gratuity and spa service charge will be added at checkout.

When you pre-buy the spa pass does anyone know how they verify it is you. I have seen things from stickers on room keys, to bracelets, etc. How is it done now? Thinking about buying it for my girlfriend but I might want to try it once and it wouldn't make sense to buy a whole cruise pass for myself... Just curious if anyone has anything that has worked successfully in the past.

When you go there the first time they put a sticker on your card. If it is sold out there will be no daily passes sold and you will not be able to do that.

On our sailing there were no daily passes sold. I would just get it for her. It would be a wonderful gift. :)

If you book a massage do you get use of the spa facilities for the day?

I heard no, the thermal pass is not for spa services such as massage, skin peels and facial masks etc.. It gives access to the spa's pool, hot tubs, lounge area, shower and locker facilities. Each are sold seperately.

Edited by minisuitegian

We had passes on the Epic. I don't recall any stickers, but there may have been. I do recall that you had to stop at the desk each time you visited and if I recall correctly, they give you a wrist key for access. They take your room card and hold it until you return the key. So, they are verifying your ID and that you have the pass each time you come in. You won't be able to share a pass.

For those interested in the pass cost on the Escape, it's $199 for pre purchase which is a $20 discount. For a 7 day cruise.

so if I buy one pass may daughter and I can share it? just take whichever card has the sticker

Nope just like if you buy a massage your not allowed to use it for 20 minutes and then switch with your daughter and have her use it for 20 minutes and then switch back and forth

1 purchase per person

so if I buy one pass may daughter and I can share it? just take whichever card has the sticker
You are not supposed to do that, but everyone already knows that. Whether or not you can get away with this scam is a different question, because as punkincc explained, you don't just flash the sticker at them to get into the spa. They keep the card while you are in there, and when you leave they have to find it to give it back to you. So they will look at the name on the card, and sooner or later they will catch on that more than one person is using that card.

For the guy who wanted to use his girlfriend's sticker to score a free visit to the spa, he should do it very early on in the cruise before they start to recognize his girlfriend's name and associate it to her face. And if her name sounds obviously female and you look obviously male, that is not going to work even the first time.

You are not supposed to do that, but everyone already knows that. Whether or not you can get away with this scam is a different question, because as punkincc explained, you don't just flash the sticker at them to get into the spa. They keep the card while you are in there, and when you leave they have to find it to give it back to you. So they will look at the name on the card, and sooner or later they will catch on that more than one person is using that card.

For the guy who wanted to use his girlfriend's sticker to score a free visit to the spa, he should do it very early on in the cruise before they start to recognize his girlfriend's name and associate it to her face. And if her name sounds obviously female and you look obviously male, that is not going to work even the first time.

And to add to this, the photos they take when we check in are linked to our room cards. I never paid that much attention, but they may very well "run" these cards for record keeping purposes each time you come in ( just how much time are people spending in the thermal suites ) and when they do run it, the picture linked with the card may be popping up on their screen. Two people who look very similar, maybe sisters, perhaps could pass but otherwise no.

*An 18% gratuity and spa service charge will be added at checkout.

I know it says this at the bottom of the all the screens for the spa options, but the price of the thermal suite pass does not have a "*" after it. The other spa services (massages, acupuncture, mani-pedi, etc.) do have a "*" after the listed price.

I've never been so I didn't know- excuse me!!

One last time. There is NO grad added to the Spa Pass. None -Zip ;)

You hand your card to the spa staff before you enter the Thermal Suite area and they keep the card. They do not scan it but trust me, after a couple of days they know your face. :)

Edited by janetz

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the Getaway....

We'll be in a Spa Balcony in 12 days!! YAY! :D

Can anyone tell me if the Relaxation Lounge is included with the Spa Passes? I think I remember reading a review awhile back that the Lounge was used by those waiting to have their massages, etc... but, I can't remember if it was included with the Spa passes...

Thanks!

Sara