MITSUGIRLY BREAKAWAY's 1 last time for the year-review/pictorial

mitsugirly

I headed out to the water and to the right with Sakari while the kids ordered their food.

PA080473%20copy-L.jpg

The fish came running.

PA080484%20copy-L.jpg

12088082_1215248358500927_5324079918677517836_n%20copy-L.jpg

I believe someone was throwing food in the water for them to come the way they did. There were people standing up on the rocks above us.

PA080486%20copy-L.jpg

As you can tell, the water was cloudy and stirred up and without the sun, I wasn't able to take good pictures.

PA080487%20copy-L.jpg

PA080488%20copy-L.jpg

PA080515%20copy-L.jpg

The one and only parrotfish I would see.

PA080519%20copy-L.jpg

PA080521%20copy-L.jpg

PA080523%20copy-L.jpg

Plenty of Chitons around this area too.

PA080522%20copy-L.jpg

As I said, the sun was not out and the water was churned up, so not very good snorkeling at all today. We were going to head out to the deeper area along the rock walls. But with the water being so cloudy, we decided it was a bad idea.

The menu and pricing:

PA080502%20copy-L.jpg

The kids food arrived and it really started to look yummy. I told the hubby to go ahead and order us something. It was making me hungry.

PA080504%20copy-L.jpg

PA080505%20copy-L.jpg

We took the table next to theirs and waited on our food to come.

PA080506%20copy-L.jpg

As soon as I got situated, it started to rain. Oh well, I was already wet...but wait, our beach bags and towels are still out on the beach. Eh, we decided that Kolin was the lucky person today...we'd just send him out there to grab everything while we ate. LOL

As soon as he got everything gathered up and brought to us on the deck, it stopped raining of course. :D

Now does anyone notice the basket of chicken fingers that Kendra has??? See how many she got? Well when mine came, once again, I only had 3. Kendra stated that they came with 4, but they somehow gave her an extra. This would be a repeat of our day at Horseshoe. I'm always getting the short end of the meal.

Edited by mitsugirly

After everyone was done eating, the family decided to go exploring. I decided to stay back and take pictures.

I'm not really sure what this "plank" is out here for. It look like a small ?maybe? boat dock area, but the water is too low for that.

12088293_1215248461834250_7414722507596570363_n%20copy-L.jpg

They all headed down into the water and around the corner. Sakari actually followed this time. Yikes.

12088455_1214949401864156_4605717672859868941_n%20copy-L.jpg

12096549_1214949438530819_6534937790880962137_n%20copy-L.jpg

12096633_1215248521834244_2883879629534912602_n%20copy-L.jpg

12116016_1214949471864149_4164949152970855971_n%20copy-L.jpg

Another Titanic moment...only on land.

PA080538%20copy-L.jpg

PA080535%20copy-L.jpg

I think they left the hubby behind this time.

PA080544%20copy-L.jpg

Kendra noticed they had all taken off without here (as they were returning) and wanted to come.

PA080528%20copy-L.jpg

She gave them the pouty face and ask how they got down there. It took her awhile to jump off this thing into the water. She didn't know how deep it was. Ok, hold your nose, one, two, three, go! Ok, it was only knee deep if that. LOL She's hilarious.

So she decided to go in a different direction. That'll teach them to leave her...or would it?

PA080543%20copy-L.jpg

Nope, they paid no attention to her going a different way so eventually she would turn around and crawl up on the rocks they were at. Only coming back down was the same as the first time. Should I jump?

PA080540%20copy-L.jpg

Billy was the only one that decided he would sit this one out (other than me). I managed to get a picture of what he did instead.

PA080545%20copy-L.jpg

There was a neat rock with a hole in it. I always manage to find weird things to take pictures in, but I just couldn't get the picture I wanted to capture.

PA080547%20copy-L.jpg

Kendra noticed what I was doing and said "Hey, take a picture of me and Billy in the hole. " Um Kendra, I don't think you guys can fit in the hole....

So then she said she'd sit in front of it and me get the picture. I took the picture and told her what good did it do to take a picture in front of a hole...when she's IN FRONT OF THE HOLE. ???? LOL, so she moved a little to the side. Still not the look I think she was trying to achieve either.

PA080553%20copy-L.jpg

It was starting to look a little dark again and I figured it was about to rain. Although we had a decent time there, the rain and lack of sun just didn't make it the same experience it was the last time. The weather really does have an effect on your day. I don't care what others say.

PA080525%20copy-L.jpg

PA080546%20copy-L.jpg

There's our ship!!!

PA080555%20copy-L.jpg

A few last pictures before we packed up to leave.

PA080558%20copy-L.jpg

PA080562%20copy-L.jpg

I had noticed a lot of people walking up the hill and to the intersection to come down to Tobacco Bay. I was really unsure what to do. I did see a bench up against the building at Tobacco Bay and there was a sign that said "Beach Bus" on it. Do they actually come down the driveway for pick up and drop off now? There was another "much older" couple there waiting for the Beach Bus.

We would watch taxi's come down the hill, ask if we needed a ride, then park there at the building...maybe until they found someone or hoped that someone would ask for a cab ride back.

We waited maybe 15 minutes for the Beach Bus to come back. We did see some people walk back down the hill after standing up there for awhile. I thought maybe they figured out that the bus stop was back here now and I just knew we were going to go for round 3 of fighting for the bus. Sigh. I remember making a comment that IF they were waiting on the same bus as us and IF that bus came and decided to pick them up at the road, I was going to be a little upset. They came down the road about half way and then just stood there. They never did come all the way to the bus stop. Thank goodness.

Mr Chiquita Banana:

PA080566%20copy-L.jpg

Or maybe he was a snake charmer. I'm really not sure but he was doing a balancing act on his head trying not to be bored. This was taken at 4pm. So that tells you around what time we decided to leave.

This bus kept coming around Tobacco Bay while we were there. I think it's the tour bus. We seen it several times during our stay there, but they never had anyone get off of it.

PA080507%20copy-L.jpg

It's like the choo choo at the dockyard, I just didn't snap the picture in time to see the "train" on the front.

The HOHO bus arrived with the same funny surfer driver guy. We knew all 10 of us would pile in, sitting on each others laps and getting really close and personal. BUT, remember this time there was the elderly couple waiting too...who would also need a ride...a ride with us...sitting on top of each other. After we all got in and told them "come on, you can do it, plenty of room still" they walked around to the other side and the gentleman sat in the bench seat next to me and said "hop on honey" and put his wife in his lap. Awww...we all cheered them on and we all laughed and joked about how lovey dovey they were and how much he was enjoying it. It was going to be a great ride back! :D

The driver did say that they decided to change the HOHO bus stop to down by the building at Tobacco Bay. It just didn't make any sense to have everyone having to walk up and down the hill to get there and they "want to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible...even when you have to sit on each others lap." wink wink. LOL He said they were still learning what works best for them and everyone using the system and still making "tweaks" to it and this was one of the improvements they had made. GOOD FOR THEM! Love this bus! We were off and headed back to town. But, instead of making the circle like they do, he headed right and back the way he came cutting off a lot of time. I mean after all, he did know we were all going to the ferry and it was pretty obvious there were no laps left to put anyone on.

Now, wait a minute...we just passed the street to where we get off at. He turned right, um... ok, I know this street of course, then a quick left off the main street...HE WAS TAKING US STRAIGHT TO THE FERRY DOCK!! Wow, even better service. He was the greatest! He went as far as he could to the gates and we all piled out like the circus clowns you see get out of the small bus...wondering how we all fit in there. He did make the comment that this was probably the most he ever had in there at one time. I'm not sure if this was also part of the "added service", but I sure liked it. We didn't have to walk all the way from the town center back to the ferry dock and that was perfectly fine with me since we had done just about all the walking we wanted to today.

In to the ferry dock building we went where they would have live music playing and people inside sitting in the chairs listening and waiting on the ferry. The rest of my family went ahead outside to get in line and a few of us went to the restroom one last time.

Once I made it outside, they were 2nd in line at the gates. It was 4:15pm

PA080567%20copy-L.jpg

PA080568%20copy-L.jpg

The ferry came at 4:20pm. Now that was perfect timing if I do say so myself.

PA080572%20copy-L.jpg

PA080575%20copy-L.jpg

PA080577%20copy-L.jpg

We got on the ferry and get this...WE GOT A SEAT!! A seat AT A TABLE. Woo hoo. I felt like I had just turned Platinum on the Bermuda St George ferry now.

We were seated and comfortable and kicked off our shoes to relax at 4:29pm.

PA080579%20copy-L.jpg

So this is what it looks like inside with no people.

PA080580%20copy-L.jpg

Kendra yells, oh my gosh mom, look what I have...

PA080582%20copy-L.jpg

She comes to the table and says "it's a baby shark tooth"

PA080583%20copy-L.jpg

Sigh...only my child would find a piece of sand that resembles a shark tooth. She's so goofy.

We arrived back at the dockyard and was walking off the ferry at 5:18pm. It was good to be back after such a long day. Whew. Now we just had to drag ourselves back to the ship.

I'm really enjoying your review and can't wait to make it to Bermuda myself next summer. Quick question... it seems like you've met some great local people and the last bus driver who took you directly back to the Ferry was awesome! Is there an expectation to tip these people extra from what the bus fare is? Or is that just excursions, etc. TIA!

It's out of Houston 3 sea days and stops in Coz, Harvest Caye - which I'm learning may or may not be complete, Roataan. We have never been to 2 of the 3. Bet you can guess which one we have been to over and over lol

I've been eyeing up many dates and ships and finally this one had a price drop yesterday. So I got the OK from the family to pull the trigger. I was going to boom today. I was about to book online and low and behold I get an email from NCL saying to call for extra special deals. So I did. We are now getting 2 packages vs one but we are paying more than I priced yesterday - the difference is the tax on the 2 package. So not sure where the value of the 3 and 4th free is? I thinks it's a ploy..lol either way it worked. I'm booked.

Your lucky to get a spring break. We don't have one. They always have a 4 day weekend over Easter if we don't have to make up snow days. They also have March 11th off this year. So i was just trying to find anything that meant he would miss 4 days vs 5. Would of been really nice to incorporate all 4 days of his long weekend but I couldn't afford the flights and cruise. Booking this late as rates through the roof. I just could not bring myself to spend that much. I'm cheap I guess.

Sorry to get off track on your awesome review. But I had to tell you!! Hope you find a spring break cruise. San Juan is fun we where looking at sailing there with CCL but found our deal and jumped

Gosh, I don't know, guessing which you have been to is really hard with those choices. ;) I'll just go with Cozumel. :D

It's always neat when you get to cruise to a new place. I promised myself that this year was going to be nothing but new places and I guess I held up to that promise. All my cruises were new ports. Go me! Although I would still like to continue going to some new ports next year, I'm really wanting to go back to some of the old ones too. There's always something new to do that I haven't done before at the old ports. So much to explore. So I'll probably head back to the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya route again at least once next year. (fingers crossed). :)

Thanks for sharing another great day in Bermuda. Too bad you didn't have a sunny day, but you and your family made the best of it, as usual Bermuda really is beautiful. I'm sure I will find my way there one of these days.

Thanks for the comments. Yea, we were kinda bummed the second day was rainy, but at least we were able to get in 2 days with no rain. :)

I'm really enjoying your review and can't wait to make it to Bermuda myself next summer. Quick question... it seems like you've met some great local people and the last bus driver who took you directly back to the Ferry was awesome! Is there an expectation to tip these people extra from what the bus fare is? Or is that just excursions, etc. TIA!

Glad you are enjoying the review. I'm honestly not sure what the "expectation" is. I always say do what you feel is appropriate and your comfort level. I never get into the debates on these boards about tipping. It's a highly touchy subject on here and can sometimes get quite nasty with comments and rudeness. So, I never discuss things like that. LOL

We arrived at the dockyard from the ferry and the sun was shining again.

I snapped pictures along the way. I remember this glass bottom boat from last time we were here. We had rented the Boston Whaler and they were passing by us. Sakari loves the painting on there. So I had to take a picture for her.

PA080584%20copy-L.jpg

PA080585%20copy-L.jpg

PA080586%20copy-L.jpg

There's our beautiful girl waiting on us.

PA080587%20copy-L.jpg

It was starting to get cloudy again, but the sun was trying her best to make an appearance.

The clocktower in the distance:

PA080589%20copy-L.jpg

Welcome back!

PA080590%20copy-L.jpg

We dinged ourselves in and up to our room we went to shower and get changed.

After my shower (around 6pm) and getting dressed, I decided to head out to the balcony and take some pictures. To my surprise the sky had turned a beautiful pinkish color. It was stunning!

PA080593%20copy-L.jpg

PA080595%20copy-L.jpg

PA080597%20copy-L.jpg

PA080596%20copy-L.jpg

PA080599%20copy-L.jpg

PA080600%20copy-L.jpg

To our surprise, we found this laying on our bed when we returned today:

PA080606%20copy-L.jpg

WOO HOO! We are leaving at 5pm after all!!!! I was super excited about this. (Although I found it strange they would have an all aboard time just 1/2 hour prior to departure. Yikes)

So obviously we would have to discuss our plans for the day. Had we known this ahead of time, we just might have decided to rent another whaler close by at H20 again. But it was a little late for that, so I guess we'd just have to stick with our original plans.

The family decided to head to O'Sheehans for some...late lunch? early dinner?...or just plain FOOD!

PA080618%20copy-L.jpg

I always enjoy their food and menu. I don't think there's really anything bad on it and there's always something I can find to eat from there.

Sakari loves her Kolin. They are really close despite their age difference. He's the only other child I still have at home and I think that's why they're so close.

PA080617%20copy-L.jpg

The kids looked thrilled. I think they were worn out from the day and all the walking and then waiting on their drinks to come. Trust me, they livened up after that.

PA080619%20copy-L.jpg

Well at least Kolin was happy with his Angry Orchard.

PA080620%20copy-L.jpg

A little too happy. (Look at the look on Courtneys face). LOL I'm pretty sure she made the comment "You're not funny Kolin" shortly after that.

PA080621%20copy-L.jpg

Finally our drinks came and all was good.

PA080623%20copy-L.jpg

I always love their artichoke dip.

PA080624%20copy-L.jpg

PA080625%20copy-L.jpg

PA080626%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari loving her big girl drink.

PA080627%20copy-L.jpg

We hung out for awhile after eating and just enjoying each others company and making use of our UBP. :D The place wasn't too crowded so we figured we weren't tying up any seats by doing this.

Then we decided to take Sakari to the kids club for awhile and also sign her up for sitting tonight since it was the GLOW party. Sakari knew something was up since the other kids were discussing bits and pieces of what they were going to wear and asking me about the glow sticks I had purchased for everyone. Sigh. Sakari was a little upset and saying she wanted to go to the party and use the glow sticks. I was trying to tell her it was for adults only and they would be having their own little party in the kids club. I think this is the first time she has ever resisted going there...and of course on a night I'm wanting to do something. Just my luck. She usually begs to go.

In the end, momma won the battle and she reluctantly went.

We all headed back to the room to get ready.

I busted open the glow sticks and the family was having some fun deciding what colors they wanted and most of all...where to put them. Someone turned off the lights in both rooms after awhile and it became a game of guessing who was who.

PA080631%20copy-L.jpg

What are you doing Kendra? Eating them?

PA080633%20copy-L.jpg

PA080634%20copy-L.jpg

Oops, flash went off that time. Michelle was busted.

PA080635%20copy-L.jpg

12143263_1215248598500903_2261907508515624493_n%20copy-M.jpg

Once everyone was done "playing", we headed off to the glow party.

The Glow party is held at Spice H20 on the back of the ship. The place was hopping and the party was getting started.

PA080637%20copy-L.jpg

PA080638%20copy-L.jpg

Silas the CD was getting the crowd going and everyone was ?dancing?

PA080641%20copy-L.jpg

PA080642%20copy-L.jpg

The crowd was huge and not much room to stand or dance at times.

PA080644%20copy-L.jpg

The girls stopped and got their faces painted as they were coming in. I didn't realize until I took this picture that the paint actually "glowed".

PA080646%20copy-L.jpg

See Kendra's cup she has? They had the specialty cups for the glow party and they would flash all kinds of colors. She had to get one for her kids. If you have the drink package, the drink is free of course and you just pay for the flashing cup that they put the drink in. I believe she said they were $2.50 for the cup.

Courtney decided she wanted one too. When the waiter came by and she handed them her card, they looked at her weird and ask who's card did she have. You could tell she was shocked and said it was hers. He ask her where her mother was, which is a touchy subject for her when someone says this (although the waiter didn't know) because her mother was killed in an auto accident when she was 10 years old. So, this kind of set her in a bad mood and she ask what her mother had to do with anything. He proceeded to tell her that it was not her card and she was too young to drink. He walked away with her card. He later returned and brought everyone their drinks but Courtney's. He ask her again who the card belonged to. At this point she was upset and told him it's her card, she's been using the card all week because she has the UBP and she was 22 years old. He kept questioning her and she finally got mad and snatched the card from him and walked straight up to the bar and handed it to the person there, who took her order and handed her the drink. Sigh. When the waiter came back around, she flashed it in front of him and said thanks for nothing.

Now I understand her frustration completely. I grew up looking extremely young. I was still getting carded when I was 40 in certain situations. When I was in my 20's people thought I had just turned a teen. So I completely understand both her side...and also the servers side. He obviously didn't want to contribute to a minor and he was uncertain. But it was kinda weird this was the first time it had happened on the cruise and it was now Thursday. There wasn't anyone else on the ship that questioned it. Oh well, it gave the rest of us a good laugh for the night. (Most people can't believe Kendra is 27. IMO she's the one that looks like she's about 16). LOL