Off conquest today.

mike1trim

We sailed Oct 4-12 and it was Wee Jimmy but he was not scheduled to be our CD. He told us at the Welcome Aboard show that he just got on with us. So I am not sure if he is still on Conquest or if so how long he will be on there. He is a great CD the best we have had very funny and he is everywhere on ship always willing to talk to everybody.

First off I have been on 15 cruises. I work in retail and usually try to find the best in every ship. I know how critical people can be.

I am going to fill out the carnival survey so that they make improvements.

There where a few things that just didn't sit well with me this cruise.

*the ship was very very warm

*it took a very long time to get drinks at the bars. (Over ten minutes) not enough staff

*we where seated in the dining room at a table for ten. Only four of us showed up. The last night it was just myself and my wife. (Why would they not move us?)

*it was by far the loudest room ever 6305

The good news was it was a very friendly staff

Getting on and off was a breeze

Entertainment was great

Ship was well maintained

Guys burger joint and the blue iguana was awesome

Just a few observations

I was on the cruise as well, and I echo most of your comments...I did find the ship much warmer than usual...definitely noticed a shortage of staff and slower service throughout the ship, although the staff that were there were friendly and polite...I was in cabin 6383 and agree that it was much noisier than I am used to...loved the BlueIguana but personally not thrilled with Guy's...other than the hypnotist show and one of the comedians, I was not thrilled with the entertainment on board...no problems embarking or disembarking...overall relaxing and fun cruise I think

According to the Captain addressing us the day before our visit to HMC was to take lace, he said "adverse Tendering conditiions." Later on the bridge during the BtF Tour, he said it was swells (waves).

I am befuddled I must say...perhaps I am not understanding the posts about HMC...if we are talking about the Conquest cruise that disembarked today in FLL, HMC was never on any itinerary I saw since I booked this cruise many months ago...the 4 ports when I booked the cruise were St. Martin, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk...and those are the 4 we did...what is this about HMC supposedly being one of the ports of call? :confused:

just got off the Conquest today...sailed on Dream last year...to address a few of the questions in this thread:

--I found the temperature throughout the ship varied--cool sometimes, warm in other places--even the temp in my cabin varied even though I never changed the thermostat...temperature in MDR was always OK to me

--the Lido deck was VERY crowded most days--not sure if that was because there wasn't a serenity area, but likely that contributed to the crowds

--we had a 10:45 flight this morning...we didn't want to risk unexpected delays, so we did self-assist disembark, which started about 7:00...got through Customs fairly quickly and caught a shuttle to the airport...got there around 8:30...security check line was minimal so we had plenty of time to enjoy breakfast at the airport before our flight

--I got the impression Wee Jimmy would be CD for at least the upcoming months, although I never asked to verify

First off I have been on 15 cruises. I work in retail and usually try to find the best in every ship. I know how critical people can be.

I am going to fill out the carnival survey so that they make improvements.

There where a few things that just didn't sit well with me this cruise.

*the ship was very very warm

*it took a very long time to get drinks at the bars. (Over ten minutes) not enough staff

*we where seated in the dining room at a table for ten. Only four of us showed up. The last night it was just myself and my wife. (Why would they not move us?)

*it was by far the loudest room ever 6305

The good news was it was a very friendly staff

Getting on and off was a breeze

Entertainment was great

Ship was well maintained

Guys burger joint and the blue iguana was awesome

Just a few observations

If your room was loud means you didn't do your homework.

We sailed Oct 4-12 and it was Wee Jimmy but he was not scheduled to be our CD. He told us at the Welcome Aboard show that he just got on with us. So I am not sure if he is still on Conquest or if so how long he will be on there. He is a great CD the best we have had very funny and he is everywhere on ship always willing to talk to everybody.

I agree. We thought he did a very good job :):) Funny guy!

We were on the Conquest and two great cruises and was also surprised only ship in her class without serenity deck. Wonder why?

Aft pool is adult only. The Pizza station is on the pool deck.

I am befuddled I must say...perhaps I am not understanding the posts about HMC...if we are talking about the Conquest cruise that disembarked today in FLL, HMC was never on any itinerary I saw since I booked this cruise many months ago...the 4 ports when I booked the cruise were St. Martin, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk...and those are the 4 we did...what is this about HMC supposedly being one of the ports of call? :confused:

Conquest does several different itineraries. The posts regarding HMC (and the sailing referred to by the OP) are in regard to Conquest's Oct. 12th 5-night sailing: Nassau, HMC (missed), and Grand Turk.