Verizon wifi epic Mediterranean cruise

hlsess

The ship's cell network is Bahama's based, so you will need to check if you have Bahama's coverage with that plan.

Another option is to purchase (unlimited) internet through the ship and access the internet with one device at the time per purchase.

edit; you might want to download a free app like WifiMapper to use in ports to guide you to free/"purchase a drink for" ;) wifi spots.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Hi Piper, I am about to add the cruise ship and international calling plan pieces to my Verizon plan. It states that Epic's charges will also apply when using on the ship. Did you encounter fees for using your phone on Epic?

Thank you so much for your kind assistance!

That's weird! I did not receive any additional charges from NCL or Verizon. When I got my bill, everything was expected. I got 100 international minutes, 100 international outgoing texts, unlimited incoming texts, and 100 MB of data for $30. I stayed within those limits and that's what I was charged.

Trying to find out about cruise wifi. Daughter already has international plan bc she is living in Spain now. Does the plan work on ship? Hoping to just do wifi at ports but have 2 college age kids....

In order to use wifi on the ship you must buy the ships wifi package so yes they have wifi buts it's not free.... Just like your wifi at home is not free

May I suggest that you use audio FaceTime with your kids via your wifi package that you bought on the ship versus video because that will devour your wifi package

May I also suggest that you use a wifi only device...iPad. iPod. Versus iPhone so there is no chance of data charges

Of course you can just turn off your iPhone data and go to wifi only but I'm skeptical that data will still update if I turn it to voice in order to make a call...but that's just me

An iPad mini is your friend when traveling abroad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's weird! I did not receive any additional charges from NCL or Verizon. When I got my bill, everything was expected. I got 100 international minutes, 100 international outgoing texts, unlimited incoming texts, and 100 MB of data for $30. I stayed within those limits and that's what I was charged.

Did you make calls while the ship was at sea or just while in port?

Also international charges sometimes are 60 days delayed....could that be why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you make calls while the ship was at sea or just while in port?

Like I said above, I used it while the ship was at sea as well as in port. Actually, 90% of my calls were made while at sea.

Also international charges sometimes are 60 days delayed....could that be why?

It's been about 60 days, and I haven't seen any new charges, so I doubt it. But, like I said, I stayed within my minute, text, and data allowances, so I wouldn't see any new charges, anyway. I kept track while on the trip to make sure I didn't go over, and the final tallies Verizon sent me basically matched what I had tracked.