Anyone on QM2 right now to New York?

s.s.France

Received email from friend onboard. Currently in the middle of F10 storm with 8m seas. Storm was unexpectedly strong. Ship is currently 3-4 hours behind schedule as they have slowed down a bit. Quite spectacular views out of windows at lower levels. Ship and crew coping well.

I noticed the waves on the bridge-cam. The QM2 is an ocean liner and handles it beautifully. I board when she returns to NYC and once the weather clears she will easily make up that time.

The picture is from October 2012 taken from the window next to our table on deck 2 in the Britannia dining room. The weather on the eastbound and westbound crossings was very wet with high seas.

DSC02417.jpg.64090bc1b7def43684801513e421e46a.jpg

I noticed the waves on the bridge-cam. The QM2 is an ocean liner and handles it beautifully. I board when she returns to NYC and once the weather clears she will easily make up that time.

The picture is from October 2012 taken from the window next to our table on deck 2 in the Britannia dining room. The weather on the eastbound and westbound crossings was very wet with high seas.

Hi Linda.

Saw a posting on FB. The seas hit the Commodore Club windows. QM2 is a mighty lady and the adventurous seafarers must have had a blast today.

Regards,

Jeanne

Unless you are VERY affected by motion the Queen Mary II is not a problem. It is quite stable even in very rough weather. It was designed and constructed for the north Atlantic and it's weather. ......unlike "cruise ships" which are in effect barges with a hotel glued to the top. I have been in 90 mph winds across the deck and 38 foot seas; in that case a few folks became a bit ill, a few things fell off the shelves in the gift shop, and a wine cooler tipped -- other than that, no problems.

Have done 2 (3rd one coming up) crossings all November/December with no problem. Had an extremely unpleasant day when sailing between Australia and New Zealand with heavy seas resulting in lots of damage with 200+ pieces of crockery, glassware and bottles breaking. Thankfully no injuries were reported. Wouldn't care to go through that again.

Incredibly I wasn't sick !!!!