5 hour Atlantis excursion

I'm looking at the 5 hour excursion to Atlantis in Nassau, on an Allure Eastern itinerary.

According to the description on RCL website, it sounds like cruise excursion passengers get early access to the water park? Can anyone confirm or give thumbs up or down to the excursion?

Thanks!

I'm looking at the 5 hour excursion to Atlantis in Nassau, on an Allure Eastern itinerary.

According to the description on RCL website, it sounds like cruise excursion passengers get early access to the water park? Can anyone confirm or give thumbs up or down to the excursion?

Thanks!

If you want access to the water-park your best bet is to book a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise island. They are adjacent to Atlantis and you get full privileges at Atlantis. You can check in as early as 7am and if you want you can check out at the same time saving a stop at the end of the day. Seasonal rates may vary but we did this for a family of four for a total of $417 including taxes. Saved us over $200.

5 hours isn't worth the cost, IMO....you will barely get there and get settled, until you're getting ready to leave...you need a FULL day to get your money's worth...aren't there waterparks in your neck of the woods? I'm in the NE...plenty of stuff, for lots less money and you can spend as much time as you want!

My family did the Atlantis excursion in March. We had a long day in port (at least 8 hours) and it was enough to get through the waterpark slides. Not sure if 5 hours would be enough esp if the park is busy as lines can get extremely long. The park opens at 10 or 11 and I have not heard about cruise ship passengers getting on the slides early. What time is the excursion from .. that would be a consideration? If you have never been and wont be going back in the foreseeable future I would do it. Very cool place.

Thanks to all for the feedback. While I acknowledge it is certainly an abbreviated trip, some members of our party are eager to check out Atlantis to see if it would be someplace to take a separate vacation to. According to the RCL website, the 5 hour tour includes "exclusive early access". I was just wondering what slides, etc, are open for that time period. We are in port from 7-2, so I'm thinking the excursion starts mighty early compared to the typical opening time of 10 am at Atlantis.

Due to the heavy crowds my kids waited nearly 2 hours to go down the slide that plunges into where the sharks are. In all they got only 2 turns going down slides. We agreed while Atlantis is beautiful we did not have enough time there and not worth the money. It was dissappointing. We purchased through Comfort suites. You also need to factor in that it takes a lot of time getting to the grounds and water park area ..lots of walking due to the size of the resort. Its huge...similar to Magic Kingdom at Disney.

DH and I went again just last week but we took the water taxi for 8 per person and went to the marina village area of Atlantis which was nice but it doesnt give you full scope of the Atlantis.

I have stayed at the Atlantis for vacation. If you have never been there before, it is definitely worth it spending as much time you can. You will have to Hustle though because of short time. They have a lazy river also which is great. If you have lunch, they have an old fashioned diner that has really good food. There is much to see there, including the aquarium. I think because you come back at an odd time, it is difficult to get a good meal on the ship at that hour. That is what I remembered anyway. Unless you want to walk around and shop for cute island made items, it is better to go to Atlantis. You will walk a lot. I think I would take a cab to get there quickest. Once there, very nice place. Like I said, you gotta move it to see most of it. If it is just slides then, that is a different story. Have fun!