Best Sail Away View on Oasis

depplep

An indoor venue with outside views is a little tougher to find on Oasis. The Solarium and Solarium Bar are the first thing that comes to mind - although they're not indoors per se. While it's outside, the sundeck on Deck 14 (go up the cabin passageway on the port side all the way forward) is also an excellent place to watch sailaway. It's immediately under the solarium and just aft of the bridge and you can see activity on the bridge wings.

As for places to relax on deck, there's a few deck chairs set on the stern of the ship on the promenade deck - great place to just sit and relax and watch the ship's wake. It's covered, so you're out of the sun.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

We've always sat in the Crown and Anchor lounge for sail away, but since that is not an option on Oasis, can someone suggest another indoor venue with outside views?

Unfortunately, with the loss of Viking Crown, there are no more climate controlled inside lounges with views to the outside.

Edited by clarea

Just booked Oasis today for May 28, 2016. First time on Oasis class and I'm excited. I guess my DW and I will continue our tradition of being a##es and elbows with others on the pool deck, dancing to the music during sail away.

With that sailing date, can any of you experts on this board tell me how crowded the ports will be? I know many ships will have headed to Alaska and Europe by then. (And a few Debbie Downers will tell me that any port with an Oasis class ship is automatically crowded....but I'm looking for a serious answer. We haven't cruised Eastern Caribbean during this time of year). We did cruise Western on Navigator at the exact same time in 2014 and it didn't seem too bad.

Thanks people!!

I can't wait. So excited!!!:D

I did mention that I'm excited, right?

Just booked Oasis today for May 28, 2016. First time on Oasis class and I'm excited. I guess my DW and I will continue our tradition of being a##es and elbows with others on the pool deck, dancing to the music during sail away.

With that sailing date, can any of you experts on this board tell me how crowded the ports will be? I know many ships will have headed to Alaska and Europe by then. (And a few Debbie Downers will tell me that any port with an Oasis class ship is automatically crowded....but I'm looking for a serious answer. We haven't cruised Eastern Caribbean during this time of year). We did cruise Western on Navigator at the exact same time in 2014 and it didn't seem too bad.

Thanks people!!

We did Western Caribbean on Oasis on May 23, 2015. We were the only ship in port in Labadee and Falmouth, and then there were two small Carnival ships in Cozumel. I'd say you'll be fine.

Thanks people!!

Unfortunately CruiseTT isn't updated that far out yet. Sorry!

Usually the forward deck 14 sun deck is not that crowded.

Exactly. The sun deck is *not* crowded. Again, it's not climate controlled, but the Solarium Bar has some cover and may not be bad. Or enjoy sailaway from one of the cantilevered whirlpools.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Exactly. The sun deck is *not* crowded. Again, it's not climate controlled, but the Solarium Bar has some cover and may not be bad. Or enjoy sailaway from one of the cantilevered whirlpools.

I hadn't considered the whirlpools. That's an excellent idea.

Unfortunately, with the loss of Viking Crown, there are no more climate controlled inside lounges with views to the outside.

I just realized I called it the Crown and Anchor lounge. I always do that. Thanks Bob.

We have changed location for sail away's on Oasis class ships.

We originally loved deck 14, but, with the addition of the new suite lounge, climate controlled and drink in hand, it made our last cruise rather nice way to start sailing.......loved it-- the comfy view.

Plan on doing suite sail away again next August.

Sea Ya

One other thought for you - based on the number of cruises you've been on in your signature I'll wager you've got a good bit of Crown & Anchor seniority - there's usually a high tier event that consists of sailaway from the helipad. On our Eastern itinerary this was done as we were leaving Nassau and was quite nice. More than a few flutes of champagne to go around and they'll let you stay out there pretty much until the wind picks up.

Sorry a newbie question. Is the deck 14 view better than your own balcony?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You've got a more expansive view, in my opinion, as you've got a pretty much unfettered forward/side view. Also, again, seeing the bridge officers do their things when they're on the bridge wings is also kind of cool. Here are some pictures I took from the Deck 14 sun deck on sailaway from Port Everglades to give you an idea:

12066052_10102918081034129_2613742308958242829_n.jpg?oh=84328ebd2f1e34f3a1e36530a74008f6&oe=5686121912108905_10102918081348499_5324855422820814592_n.jpg?oh=54a410536cf5014eeadc84a6d89ddf78&oe=56B6AA1612108799_10102918081458279_2692977391051260278_n.jpg?oh=f808408cdf47d469f6584dfdb087d15b&oe=56C7D0CE12122470_10102918081657879_6036096918195534040_n.jpg?oh=b3e227df83e4c150ff7752736be20b68&oe=56BA6F9912072771_10102918081937319_3919481521568345897_n.jpg?oh=119bcce6e6681831102376a6e2cf54a1&oe=56C88F62

One other thought for you - based on the number of cruises you've been on in your signature I'll wager you've got a good bit of Crown & Anchor seniority - there's usually a high tier event that consists of sailaway from the helipad. On our Eastern itinerary this was done as we were leaving Nassau and was quite nice. More than a few flutes of champagne to go around and they'll let you stay out there pretty much until the wind picks up.

We're Diamond, so perhaps this will be an option. Thanks for all the tips. It's been a few years since we've cruised and never on Oasis.