12:05 flight do-able?

jimd909

It's tight.... when is your ship scheduled to be docked?

• 7:30am walk off?
  • 8:30am in cab or train. Takes about 35 minutes to travel to airport. Lots of luggage? The train is a 3 block walk. As you exit the terminal. Look at Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront hotel entrances. If the taxi line is short... I would just get on there.
    • don't go down the first subway entrance.... that train takes you to India (Surrey). The Millenium line segment sends you into a loop to the mid-point of the line. Walk past it, turn left and walk another 2 blocks for the big red building for the Canada Line entrance.
    • figure out the train ticket machine
    • pay attention to which train you are boarding. Your want the YVR train.... not the Richmond/Brighouse train that gets you to China.

[*]9am arrive at YVR (they want you there 3hrs in advance for check-in and your security searches [uLUs, weapons, luggage, carry-on, body, hand, cavity]). Once past the searches... enjoy your breakfast

[*]noon wheels up?

Edited by xlxo

Is a 12:05 pm flight do-able out of YVR? Ship docks at approx. 7:00 am. I'm planning on taking Canada Line (subway / train?) from the cruise terminal to the airport.

Yes the flight is doable. First I would take a taxi to YVR not the Canada Line. You have to carry your bags about two blocks uphill and then down stairs to the platform. Others from Vancouver might have a better idea.Post your question on this thread and do a search for your question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203845

We self disembarked and made a 11:15 domestic flight . Flight to USA is also doable.

Edited by Kamloops50

You could probably walk from Canada Place to YVR and make a noon flight, you will have no trouble at all. With the Canada Line while the travel time is 26 minutes plan that by the time you walk from Canada Place to Waterfront Station, pay the fare, get to the platform, wait for a train, ride the train to YVR station, walk to the terminal....50 to 60 minutes is not out of order. You will need a little time to clear CBSA at Canada Place and collect your luggage but as you will be one of the first off this should not be very time consuming.

You could probably walk from Canada Place to YVR and make a noon flight, you will have no trouble at all. With the Canada Line while the travel time is 26 minutes plan that by the time you walk from Canada Place to Waterfront Station, pay the fare, get to the platform, wait for a train, ride the train to YVR station, walk to the terminal....50 to 60 minutes is not out of order. You will need a little time to clear CBSA at Canada Place and collect your luggage but as you will be one of the first off this should not be very time consuming.

LOL!!! Thanks for the info.

What day of the week does your ship dock? If you are on one of the cruises that arrives on a weekday you might want to take a flight that's at least an hour later.

By the time you disembark and get through customs and grab a taxi you would probably be in the middle of rush hour. 45 minutes to an hour to get to the airport.

Then after you check in you would have to go through customs at the airport. 45 minutes to an hour depending on the lineup.

You would probably be running to your gate. And that's assuming everything goes right at the dock with ship being cleared on time.

If it's a weekend docking you might be ok. But better safe than sorry.

Here are the logistics:

Ship arrives at 0700, OP walks off ship at 0730, OP clears CBSA and picks up luggage (if necessary) by 0800, OP walks to Waterfront Station and takes Canada Line to YVR Station arrives 0900. This allow a full 3+ hours to check in, clear CBP and security....the recommend time for arrive pre-flight is 2 hours. The OP will be sitting in the departure lounge twiddling thumbs for at least an hour waiting for a the flight at 1305.

What day of the week does your ship dock? If you are on one of the cruises that arrives on a weekday you might want to take a flight that's at least an hour later.

By the time you disembark and get through customs and grab a taxi you would probably be in the middle of rush hour. 45 minutes to an hour to get to the airport.

Then after you check in you would have to go through customs at the airport. 45 minutes to an hour depending on the lineup.

You would probably be running to your gate. And that's assuming everything goes right at the dock with ship being cleared on time.

If it's a weekend docking you might be ok. But better safe than sorry.

Cruise docks on a Saturday. Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. It says it docks at 7:00 am. Currently, I am booked on a HAL transfer from pier to airport. I also booked my flight through HAL.

Cruise docks on a Saturday. Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. It says it docks at 7:00 am. Currently, I am booked on a HAL transfer from pier to airport. I also booked my flight through HAL.

Plenty of time then. Saturday won't be that busy, so I don't foresee any issues then. Have a good time!

You will have lots of time but some of the considerations with using a ships transfer is that they are usually much more expensive than taking a taxi or the Canada Line and you have to wait until the coach fills before it leaves Canada Place for YVR. But if you are comfortable with that then it is a very painless and seamless way to go.