Help me to understand Guppies program better

LMaxwell

First - Thanks to Freestyle Novice for posting information sheets on the Escape.

But I have a bunch of questions caused by reading those sheets!

On the left side of the sheet it states classes are free and are parent supervised. On the right side it lists various activities/times. Some are listed as hosted. Some are not listed as hosted (the format does not seem consistent so can't quite tell if ALL are hosted). There are two blocks of time listed as open play time.

For the nursery it lists regular and late night operation and prices for each time; does this pertain to ONLY non-parent involved drop off services?

Just trying to figure out what is actually complimentary during the day; only the open play time (is that considered the classes) but parents ahve to be present? Because there are other activities that don't indicate a fee, but the wording makes it seem more like drop off for kids and an adult free zone?

My understanding of it - and I welcome someone who's actually had experience with it to correct me - is that during the day, it is always an adult present with your child. Can be parents, grandparents, other adults with you, etc. Mainly, it's a place that is open and equipped for small children to play in under your supervision.

The charges are basically for babysitting, so it appears to be drop off with paid kids' crew staff caring for children.

Great, yes a big help. So the "hosted" events are free / parents stay in the room. It is ONLY the drop off nursery (parents leave) that incur the fees.

Yes this is how I understand it will be on Escape. I will have a 2.5 year old with us in 3 weeks on Escape so i'll report back. :)

SPLASH ACADEMY

Guppies: 6 months – 3 years (daily activities are offered for babies with their parents)

Turtles: 3 – 5 year olds

Dolphins: 10 – 12 years old (6 – 12 year olds in low season)

Seals 6 – 9 year olds

Entourage: 13 – 17 year olds

Although Guppies are part of Splash Academy and hosted by the Early Years Coordinator, the program requires a parent to be in attendance. Guppies does not offer a drop off option.

The minimum age eligible for Splash Academy is 3 years old at the time of sailing, based on the child's date of birth, according to their birth certificate or passport reflected on the ships manifest.

SPLASH ACADEMY

Guppies: 6 months – 3 years (daily activities are offered for babies with their parents)

Turtles: 3 – 5 year olds

Dolphins: 10 – 12 years old (6 – 12 year olds in low season)

Seals 6 – 9 year olds

Entourage: 13 – 17 year olds

Although Guppies are part of Splash Academy and hosted by the Early Years Coordinator, the program requires a parent to be in attendance. Guppies does not offer a drop off option.

The minimum age eligible for Splash Academy is 3 years old at the time of sailing, based on the child's date of birth, according to their birth certificate or passport reflected on the ships manifest.

But why does it list 10 an hour, and then 12 an hour for late nights? That seems to indicate a drop off program.

Edited by LadySpoilt

But why does it list 10 an hour, and then 12 an hour for late nights? That seems to indicate a drop off program.

To me it is looking like the drop off is for the nursery area (sleeping), not for them to participate in activities. Activity participation requires a parent present.

the way the sheet is worded / laid out is a bit kludgey to me.

This is where I saw the sheet

There is nothing in my post...quoted from NCL, that indicates anything about 10 an hour and/or 12 an hour for late nights. So I don't see how I can be asked to explain "why" as this information obviously came from someone or somewhere else.

The under 3 drop off for a fee is on escape only. That is separate from the free guppies program. Otherwise, hosted means a staff member from the kids program will be organizing and leading the activity. Times that do not say hosted are just open free play where kids can play with a parent or other adult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The under 3 drop off for a fee is on escape only. That is separate from the free guppies program. Otherwise, hosted means a staff member from the kids program will be organizing and leading the activity. Times that do not say hosted are just open free play where kids can play with a parent or other adult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfect. Exactly what I had hoped for.

The drop off service is new and only available on the Escape. It is $10 per hour per kid during normal hours. Late night is $12 per hour.

You do have to make reservations and if I read the info correct you are only allowed to reserve two Block of time in a row, I think it said the blocks are 1 hour 50 minutes each.

Hope this helps!! I will be on the Escape in 3 weeks, but my kiddo's are 7 and 9.