NY Hotel Recommendation Needed

OUgal

Hi all,

My family and I (3 of us) will be cruising out of Manhattan from Pier 88 in May 2016. We will most likely be flying in to LaGuardia Airport the day before. I would like to stay fairly close to Pier 88.

Any recommendations for hotels that are fairly priced (under $300/night if possible), clean and have an elevator?

Thanks!

-- Nicole

Hi all,

My family and I (3 of us) will be cruising out of Manhattan from Pier 88 in May 2016. We will most likely be flying in to LaGuardia Airport the day before. I would like to stay fairly close to Pier 88.

Any recommendations for hotels that are fairly priced (under $300/night if possible), clean and have an elevator?

Thanks!

-- Nicole

What is your exact date? What time does your flight arrive? Being close to the pier is not essential - anywhere in midtown NY on the west side (west of 5th Ave) will suit and will be a short cab ride to the pier on a Sunday morning. Hotwire (at least a 3* hotel) could be your friend closer to your sail date because weekend hotel occupancy is less and they have to sell the rooms. Meanwhile you want to try to find a hotel within your budget and book a cancellable room.

From what I'm seeing of current offerings, $300 is going to be a tight budget. IMO it's way too early to make a commitment, but if you do find a good deal, you may have to prepay to get it.

I was curious about your elevator comment until I found the HotelFive44 which apparently has no elevator. No wonder it's priced so cheaply!

Edited by 138east

Hi all,

Thanks!

-- Nicole

We did NYC last several Memorial days and found rates reasonable for NYC, Michelangelo our favorite my be more than budget , but Hilton on 6th and 53rd is nice.

Completely missed the Memorial Day date. That will be an excellent weekend to find a hotel for one night. Let's see what deals we can find.

I'm seeing the Westin Grand Central on aa.com (American Airlines) for $217.11 + $35.66 tax for $252.77 total, which is a fantastic price. It looks cancellable - if so, check it out and book immediately as a starter hotel. Trip Advisor reviews are excellent - particularly liked by families. Airport bus from LaGuardia would be an option for this hotel because of its Grand Central location.

Completely missed the Memorial Day date. That will be an excellent weekend to find a hotel for one night. Let's see what deals we can find.

I'm seeing the Westin Grand Central on aa.com (American Airlines) for $217.11 + $35.66 tax for $252.77 total, which is a fantastic price. It looks cancellable - if so, check it out and book immediately as a starter hotel. Trip Advisor reviews are excellent - particularly liked by families. Airport bus from LaGuardia would be an option for this hotel because of its Grand Central location.

138east -- thanks so much for the tips and looking up this hotel. The Westin Hotel looks great and it's close to some sights.

I've never been to NYC before, so I have some questions:

You mentioned there is a bus from LaGuardia to Grand Central Station. Do you know how much it costs? I'm guessing that from Grand Central, we would get a taxi to the Westin?

After our cruise, we are looking to spend 2 nights in NYC and do more sightseeing. Any recommendations on areas/neighborhoods to stay that would have decent prices, but close to some of the sites?

Thanks again for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did NYC last several Memorial days and found rates reasonable for NYC, Michelangelo our favorite my be more than budget , but Hilton on 6th and 53rd is nice.

Thanks, GeorgeC! I'll check out those hotel too.

138east -- thanks so much for the tips and looking up this hotel. The Westin Hotel looks great and it's close to some sights.

I've never been to NYC before, so I have some questions:

You mentioned there is a bus from LaGuardia to Grand Central Station. Do you know how much it costs? I'm guessing that from Grand Central, we would get a taxi to the Westin?

After our cruise, we are looking to spend 2 nights in NYC and do more sightseeing. Any recommendations on areas/neighborhoods to stay that would have decent prices, but close to some of the sites?

Thanks again for your help!

Airport bus is $14/pp. http://www.nycairporter.com. It will drop you one street and one avenue from the Westin. For 3 people a cab from LGA to your hotel would be only a few dollars more.

If you arrive mid day Sat, you have all of Sat afternoon, Sat night, and Sun morning to sightsee in midtown - Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Empire State, etc. Post cruise you will run into much more expensive hotel prices on a Sun and Mon night. On aa.com I'm seeing the Holiday Inn Financial District in lower Manhattan for under $300/ night tax included. This would be an excellent location to do the Statue of Liberty and the 911 Memorial area.

Any "Exclusive Deal" on aa.com is going to be a good deal well below the hotel rack rate.