Trikes Aruba

llg13

I haven't seen any recent postings regarding the Trikes Aruba excursion that people have booked in the past so I thought I would share my recent (Oct 28th) experience with the company. To summarize everything below: DO IT! I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has as well!

We were picked up right outside the cruise port right away after docking, along with the other couples on my ship doing the tour. The gentleman that picked us up had our names and the company name on a big whiteboard, so we knew it was them right away. We were driven in a nice air conditioned van to the Trikes Aruba head office. There we filled out the paper work and paid for the tour. We then went out with the bikes and the drivers were each taken out with one of the guides individually to test their ability to drive the trikes. They are all MANUAL transmission - so keep that in mind when booking the tour, however I did hear that they were quite easy to drive and get used to. Once each driver had a chance to test out the trike, we were off. Our first stop was the light house, next, was a big rock formation which you can climb up to get even better views of the island. That stop was followed by the Fish Market, then a beach, and then a ride through downtown. At each stop, there is almost always opportunity to buy water and reapply sunscreen...you definitely need lots of SUNSCREEN on this tour. Also, each trike is invited to lead the pack during each stop, giving each trike a chance to be in the front during pictures. The tour guides took ample pictures during the entire 5 hour tour, and they were uploaded to their Facebook page literally an hour after we were back on the ship.

I was thoroughly impressed at their effort to make sure everyone stayed together, and they often pulled over to the side of the road to make sure everyone caught up with the group. I also like the fact that each trike has its own locking trunk, so you are able to keep your belongings with you at all times – and you have the keys. The only downfall of this tour is getting stuck in traffic…there was a few times where we had gotten stuck in traffic due to construction and busy travel times…when you are stopped it was very hot…however it did give us more time on the trikes!

Overall it was a very professional and well thought out tour – which I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to do something different in Aruba. Act fast too – there are only 5 trikes (so far) so it’s a definite first come first serve basis, and you don’t want to miss out!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your recent experience with Trikes Aruba!

Were there trikes with 2 passengers on your tour?

If so, did they appear to give enough room for the two passengers?

We have booked this but wondering if we should bring our adult son with or not, we are all a bit chubby and not sure if they are built for 2 larger size people for passengers or not?

Did they provide water at stops or should we bring several bottles ourselves?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your recent experience with Trikes Aruba!

Were there trikes with 2 passengers on your tour?

If so, did they appear to give enough room for the two passengers?

We have booked this but wondering if we should bring our adult son with or not, we are all a bit chubby and not sure if they are built for 2 larger size people for passengers or not?

Did they provide water at stops or should we bring several bottles ourselves?

My trike was one of them that was capable of having two passengers in the back and in my opinion, I don't think that that would have been too comfortable if I was sat beside someone else. I know I am a bit on the chubby side as well and there was enough room for just my behind, and a little bit extra to spare!! :eek: If you go on their Facebook, there are also plenty of pictures that show two people in the back and you can really get an idea of how much room is there.

As for the water...water is NOT provided as part of the tour, and is extra at each of the stops. I don't know if I would bring water with me though. It was rather hot on the day that we went...and we would buy a bottle at one stop and by the time it got to the next stop it was hot again. Might be beneificial to budget for a few extra dollars per stop to stay hydrated with ice cold water!

It is one of the best excursions we have done. :D I did bring a Tervis tumbler with us and filled it with mostly ice as we left the ship. It was so hot it did not take long to turn to cold water. Being the passenger I could sit with my camera and water right next to me and pass it up to DH. As we made stops, I had the ice replaced.

I agree coming back to port with the traffic, it was very hot. My clothes when soaked when we were done. It was so humid that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked this for April! My husband always wanted a trike, and this looks like a good way to see the island. Do you know if there is a beach nearby, where we can go to after the tour to cool off, and can we just take a cab back to the pier after?

Just booked this for April! My husband always wanted a trike, and this looks like a good way to see the island. Do you know if there is a beach nearby, where we can go to after the tour to cool off, and can we just take a cab back to the pier after?

I am not sure about the beach however, where you begin and end on the Trikes is just a short walk from the pier.

I believe I have read some posting going to the beach after. ;) You can email Trikes about that also.

Hi,

Can you tell me if you can pay for extra insurance where you rent the trikes, I'm sure they are having you sign a liability form??

Thanks

Darcie

You definitely have to sign a libility form, as well as give them your license info. I didn't read the form thoroughly as I didn't drive...but I don't think you can purchase extra insurance through Trikes Aruba. I'd think the best thing to do is maybe talk to your travel insurance company, and see if the trikes would be considered under a car rental.

Hi,

Can you tell me if you can pay for extra insurance where you rent the trikes, I'm sure they are having you sign a liability form??

Thanks

Darcie

Not that Im aware of they didn't mention it to me. FYI to everyone in this community. If you rent a trike bring your own hemlet and wipes for the handle bars. On the last tour all the memebers in our group was black. We asked the tour guised why and they laughed and said its sunblock.

Not that I'm aware of they didn't mention it to me. FYI to everyone in this community. If you rent a trike bring your own helmet and wipes for the handle bars. On the last tour all the people in our group had blackened hands. We asked the tour guide why and they laughed and said its sunblock. I know they don't accept any type of insurance since I asked. I damaged the light on the front of the trike. My hands slipped on the throttle due to the sun block they failed to remove. I was billed over 400 hundred bucks. I emailed them and they said they clean the trikes. They didn't explain why everyones hands were covered. This is great as well. They said we usually charge 1000.00 bucks for any damages but you wont get charged that much.
Edited by notalandlover

Im slightly confused.. I thought that insurance is included in the cost of the trikes.

The website states "The price per Trike is US$190 for the driver (plus one passenger). Add US$95 for an additional third person in your party. The rates are including gasoline, insurance and free pictures"

Im slightly confused.. I thought that insurance is included in the cost of the trikes.

The website states "The price per Trike is US$190 for the driver (plus one passenger). Add US$95 for an additional third person in your party. The rates are including gasoline, insurance and free pictures"

I hope this helpsScan.jpg.89f850c922fa6aad5f55409be6359e50.jpg

This might be someting new. If so my hats off to them. Insurance wasn't offered last month.