Hotel Espana Ramblas

SLOduck

I've been researching pre-cruise hotels in Barcelona and so far, I'm liking the Espana Ramblas. The reviews and prices are good and it looks fairly close to things. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel OR can you recommend comparable properties in the Las Ramblas area?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been researching pre-cruise hotels in Barcelona and so far, I'm liking the Espana Ramblas. The reviews and prices are good and it looks fairly close to things. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel OR can you recommend comparable properties in the Las Ramblas area?

Thanks!

We are looking in the same area as you for our post cruise, your Hotel looks good but those stairs scare me a bit.

I've been looking at the hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gràcia, its up the end of Las Rambas.

We stayed at Hotel Espana two years ago and had no complaints. Nice, clean, quiet with a very helpful staff. It is located on a side street that doesn't allow vehicles so you will have a two minute walk with your luggage. On our embarkation day we actually walked to the port, took 10 minutes.

We are cruising out of Barcelona on Dec 9th this year and have Arc La Rambla booked. This hotel actually looked comparable, good reviews and would cut the walk to port down by 5 minutes!

We stayed at Hotel Espana two years ago and had no complaints. Nice, clean, quiet with a very helpful staff. It is located on a side street that doesn't allow vehicles so you will have a two minute walk with your luggage. On our embarkation day we actually walked to the port, took 10 minutes.

We are cruising out of Barcelona on Dec 9th this year and have Arc La Rambla booked. This hotel actually looked comparable, good reviews and would cut the walk to port down by 5 minutes!

Looks good could you let us know what its like when you get back. We aren't on our cruise until September. So I'm in no hurry to book.

• 1 month later...

After much 'research' also just booked the LLeo for October!! Great location, reasonable rates and the reviews are pretty good! (Usually stay at the Montecarlo but unfortunately it was sold so we had to find another hotel :( )

We booked Hotel Lleo for October. Seems the area is close to transportation.

We booked the Hotel Lleo for a couple of post-cruise days in early May (pre-cruise will be a week in an apartment near the Sagrada)

I'll try to post a follow up after we've stayed there.

We booked the Hotel Lleo for a couple of post-cruise days in early May (pre-cruise will be a week in an apartment near the Sagrada)

I'll try to post a follow up after we've stayed there.

Will also be awaiting your 'input' and review :)

We just returned from our Epic cruise out of Barcelona. We stayed at Arc La Rambla for 4 days pre cruise and 3 days Post cruise. It is located right on La Rambla. The morning of our cruise we walked with luggage to the Port bus, it took us 5 minutes. I highly recommend this hotel it is a perfectly situated hotel that is clean and reasonably priced. The front desk staff is absolutely amazing! We will be staying there the next time we return to Barcelona.

I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed in but it was the one that the cruise line booked. I booked directly with the hotel at a better rate. Everything is in easy walking distance. There is a subway close that is easy to navigate. We took a taxi to the port. It isn't far away.

I have booked our 3 night pre-cruise stay at Casa Camper, just off Las Ramblas. I have read great things about it and can't wait. It was a bit more expensive then I wanted but has free breakfast, drinks and snacks throughout the day, important with two preteens who are always hungry. The room seems perfectly setup for families.

Have booked Hotel Jazz for Feb. 2016.

When I originally looked at it, ages ago, it was full. But I revisited the on line site weeks later and space had opened up. So it is worth checking back.

Looks easy enough to take the Areobus from airport, directly there.

Hi would you please come and tell how it was, after your visit.

I've booked it for Nov 2016

Thank you!

And I too am looking for a hotel and considered the same area ... north end of Las Ramblas not too far from Placa da Cataluna one way and museum of art the other way.

After doing a lot of reading, I'm wondering about how close to Las Ramblas I really want to be ... I know the shops and restaurants are expensive and would plan on eating closer to a hotel off Las Ramblas but comments were also made about it being dirty and homeless people and not a very pleasant experience as a place to stroll.

Suggestion was made to book a hotel away from Las Ramblas and taxi or use public transportation to get to the area for the sights.

Thoughts?