Pride of America

oceandream

POA was last refurbished in 2013, they took out the under utilized business auditorium and replaced the space with more cabins including some studios.

Can't imagine what there going to do this time. My guess is they will either move Madri Gras Cabaret Lounge or shrink it as I believe this space is under utilized as well due the this cruise being so port intensive. JMO

There has been very little info that we've seen about what is exactly going to happen. Last time I did some rough math it looked to be about the same number of days out of service as the Epic was in drydock.

We are on the first sailing after drydock so will be able to report back at that time.

After discounting the 5 days to get to the West Coast, I think it will be a 2-3 week (can't remember) shipyard. A friend who used to be Chief on POA told me that the public areas will get a full going over, not so much changes as refinishing surfaces, upholstery, that kind of thing, along the lines of Del Rio's comments about cleaning and polishing the ships. She was supposed to go earlier, around now IIRC, but her spot in the Pearl Harbor drydock was taken by the Navy, so they had to rush around and find a slot on the West Coast.