Credit required for on board expenses NCL

frogqueen8888

Hello,

I board a cruise in a week. I am concerned on how much credit line I need available on my credit card for it to be on file for onboard expenses. I have a party of 4 and have prepaid all onboard expenses.

I just want to make sure I have enough credit available on my credit card for this trip.

Thank you!

Does each person in the room need to put a card on file? Can my husband just use one card for the both of us? Will that be $600 on hold? Sorry if seems like a simple question. This is my first NCL cruise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks. We are in the aft penthouse on the Breakaway. I guess I will call and ask of more for suites. I never really thought about the credit card hold till I saw the question posted by the OP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's one $300.00 credit hold per cabin/reservation # for a 7 day cruise. It is not per person.

No, it's not per cabin/reservation but per payment method (onboard account).

As you said in later post, one card can be used for several passengers but then again, if every passenger chooses to use their own cards (in other words each have their own separate onboard account), the hold is done for each card - cabins and reservation numbers have nothing to do with that.

Edited by Demonyte

I apologize Demon;

However, my NCL PCC I guess is wrong again, in fact 3 times now.

I think the gist, for us, was one card and 3 people in the same cabin... would there be a $900.00 hold ($300 pp). The answer was no.

I will be looking for a different PCC for the next cruise.

Well, it has been 4 years since my last NCL cruise, but I was told at check-in I had to give them a credit card or go to the credit desk and pay $1000 cash for a 7 night cruise for 2 people (in the same cabin).

I had already purchased $1200 in OBC (for DSC & tours booked), so didn't want to give them cash. The credit card I used had absolutely ZERO credit left on it. I told the rep that it probably wouldn't go through, but he insisted he needed a credit card to open my on-board account.

The OBC vouchers were in the cabin with a note to sign & return them to the Purser's Desk and they didn't appear on our account until day 2 of the cruise.

So you may get an answer on the phone or on this website, and find a totally different scenario when you board the ship. Be prepared for anything.

You can use cash, if you prefer....

If you use a credit card, make sure you inform the CC company you'll be away and charging elsewhere!You don't want a "fraud" alert on your account, if you only have 1 card!

Thanks for the reminder to call the card company - I didn't have that on my last minute to-do list but I just called them. Nothing worse than planning for a great trip and having to try and get hold of the card company to tell them that yes, that is me buying all that rum... :)

Well, it has been 4 years since my last NCL cruise, but I was told at check-in I had to give them a credit card or go to the credit desk and pay $1000 cash for a 7 night cruise for 2 people (in the same cabin).

I had already purchased $1200 in OBC (for DSC & tours booked), so didn't want to give them cash. The credit card I used had absolutely ZERO credit left on it. I told the rep that it probably wouldn't go through, but he insisted he needed a credit card to open my on-board account.

The OBC vouchers were in the cabin with a note to sign & return them to the Purser's Desk and they didn't appear on our account until day 2 of the cruise.

So you may get an answer on the phone or on this website, and find a totally different scenario when you board the ship. Be prepared for anything.

If using cash, officially it is $300/person for a 7 day cruise. You can see that right on NCLs website under Money Matters on the FAQ. However, we have never had to actually put down $600 for 2 people. I was able to give only $200. They will just turn off spending of the onboard account if it reaches $0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk