What percentage of men wear DJ,s now-caribbean

lenbest

Have not been on a caribbean cruise for a long time and wonder how many mens now still wear DJ on a P and O cruise to the caribbean.Have things changed as I see Celebrity have just droped there formal nights from Dec 4th.

I hope P&O don't copy Celebrity by going down this route - I can see a case for no formal on fly cruises but we enjoy formal nights and are a bit disappointed that Celebrity have done this.

Edited by bee-ess

Just back from there on Britannia and yes, the majority do wear the full evening suit, there was also a Black and White evening which is more formal again - no colourful bow ties! Even children were wearing evening suits and they looked fantastic. There were a lot who didn't, football tops, flip flops, beach wear etc was in evidence but not in the restaurants - buffet might have been a different issue.

But it is a formal evening and that is the dress code so I guess they were making a statement?

Definitely a very large proportion of men wear DJs when in the Caribbean. The air con is so efficient that it is not Caribbean temperatures inside the ship. On our last cruise on Azura in the Caribbean I would say over 90% if not more of men wore DJs.

By far the majority wear DJ's and long may it continue.

I think P&O should go the other way and only allow those not adhering to the Formal Dress Code to use the Buffet and Brodies' (or its equivalent). The Limelight Club on Britannia is a different case.

There is no place for football shirts etc in the evenings. IMO.

I think P&O should go the other way and only allow those not adhering to the Formal Dress Code to use the Buffet and Brodies' (or its equivalent). The Limelight Club on Britannia is a different case.

I agree entirely - I think Celebrity are reacting to public request, on their forum more seem in favour of scrapping formal but I hope P&O don't go down that route. I think times are changing quickly for cruising and they want/need a new generation of customers and the cruise lines will bend to accommodate them.

Nonsense!. If they did that they would lose thousands of customers. If you want super formal I suggest you cruise with Cunard ;)

A better idea is to drop the daft jacket required evenings immediately, especially for fly cruises and reduce the number of formal nights on longer cruises to two in the first week and one per week thereafter. This would enhance the 'special' nature of formals for those who like them. Also, have the formal code only applying to the main dining rooms :D

Nonsense!. If they did that they would lose thousands of customers. If you want super formal I suggest you cruise with Cunard ;)

A better idea is to drop the daft jacket required evenings immediately, especially for fly cruises and reduce the number of formal nights on longer cruises to two in the first week and one per week thereafter. This would enhance the 'special' nature of formals for those who like them. Also, have the formal code only applying to the main dining rooms :D

Like you I'm entitled to an opinion and there is no need to be derogatory just because you don't like it. I note your opinion and that it is different to mine but I have the manners to accept it as a valid opinion.

BTW the "jacket required" is dropped on most ships and will be gone on all the other P&O ships by the middle of 2016.

Jacket required has already been dropped on fly cruises on Britannia and Azura, and also on Oceana and Ventura. The rest of the fleet goes the same way at the start of the new season

Jacket required has already been dropped on fly cruises on Britannia and Azura, and also on Oceana and Ventura. The rest of the fleet goes the same way at the start of the new season

On our 5 night last week my husband wore his DJ twice rather than packing two suits, blue shirt and tie, nobody seemed to notice [emoji4]

Like you I'm entitled to an opinion and there is no need to be derogatory just because you don't like it. I note your opinion and that it is different to mine but I have the manners to accept it as a valid opinion.

BTW the "jacket required" is dropped on most ships and will be gone on all the other P&O ships by the middle of 2016.

apologies, i was attempting to be a bit 'tongue in cheek' but got it wrong :o