I'm in shock--the website is working!

montekat

We just got into our reservation for the first time in weeks. I had forgotten to print-out DW's Xpress Pass and was actually able to get that to work. However, on her Xpress Pass they have now replaced the "Cruise Ticket Contract" section with a statement that says "This Section has already been approved by another guest." So now DW feels like a 2nd class citizen (or cruiser) since she does not even get to see the contract :).
Aren't you both on the same Xpress Pass, if you are sharing the same cabin?

It is pretty standard that whichever person fills out the online check in form accepts the contract for the other/s as well.

So if that bothers her, next time she can be the one to fill out all that stuff and accept the contract, and then you can feel like the 2nd class citizen if you like. :D

This is the first time I ever heard of someone actually wanting to read the contract!

Is your wife a lawyer?

Whichever of us does it just scrolls down and clicks accept, since we have no choice in the matter if we want to go on the cruise.

It is not as though we can alter the contract to suit ourselves and change the things we don't like. ;)

Aren't you both on the same Xpress Pass, if you are sharing the same cabin?

It is pretty standard that whichever person fills out the online check in form accepts the contract for the other/s as well.

So if that bothers her, next time she can be the one to fill out all that stuff and accept the contract, and then you can feel like the 2nd class citizen if you like. :D

This is the first time I ever heard of someone actually wanting to read the contract!

Is your wife a lawyer?

Whichever of us does it just scrolls down and clicks accept, since we have no choice in the matter if we want to go on the cruise.

It is not as though we can alter the contract to suit ourselves and change the things we don't like. ;)

LOL! She could care less about the passenger contract but thought it strange that instead of just printing out the contract the form left a large blank space. One does need a sense of humor (humour for you Brits).

As to the Xpress pass, on our previous X cruises (we are Elite Plus so have a little experience) there has only been one pass for the two of us. But once the X web site started to work again (today) after several weeks of not working, it indicated that I had satisfied 100% of requirements but that DW only had satisfied 90%. Celebrity's own web site specifically indicated that we needed to print out her Xpress Pass. So being a nice compliant guy we tried and after 3 attempts (had to wait 20 minutes between each attempt) and two different browsers we were finally able to print it out using Google Chrome (did not work with MS Edge or and older version of IE).

Hank

P.S. I have actually read some of the cruise line passenger contracts, and they all say essentially that passengers have no rights and the cruise lines can do whatever they please. Of course this is carefully couched in legalese.

Edited by Hlitner