Extremely limited excursions listed on the website

RoxiRoo

Hello All,

We are on a cruise in September to Alaska and I have heard to book my excursions EARLY because they fill up. Some of the excursions I want to take are encouraged to booked through the ship. However, they aren't even listed! In fact, there are less than 10 excursions listed - and the ones I want aren't listed. I see from this board that they were offered in the past. Should I be concerned? I really want to get these certain excursions booked before they fill up with other cruisers. Is this just another example of Celebrity's website not being very friendly?

Thanks Mary Lou. I AM looking at float planes. I heard it was available through Celebrity, and I am worried about making it back if the weather turns bad, so I wanted to book through the ship. Maybe I will just risk it and book through the private tour.

I appreciate your feedback!

Hello All,

We are on a cruise in September to Alaska and I have heard to book my excursions EARLY because they fill up. Some of the excursions I want to take are encouraged to booked through the ship. However, they aren't even listed! In fact, there are less than 10 excursions listed - and the ones I want aren't listed. I see from this board that they were offered in the past. Should I be concerned? I really want to get these certain excursions booked before they fill up with other cruisers. Is this just another example of Celebrity's website not being very friendly?

To answer the specific question - If the weather is bad the float planes do not go out. If the weather changes they return. No point in a floatplane trip where you can not see anything.

Edited by az_tchr

Hello All,

I would think it has nothing to do with Celebrity but rather that many attractions in Alaska close on Labor Day (first Monday in September). Denali hotels close then as well as most touristy things due to the simple fact tourists stop with freezing temps. Celebrity would am sure be pleased to offer as they make money on them, but suspect that you will get a few added and could probably book some others on your own. returning to the ship not an issue with most operators. Those that still operate into September have reduced staff (college kids back in school) and thus often only market directly.

We are going to Alaska in May and we HAVE booked some of our excursions (others are private). We booked through the ship the helicopter, glacier, dog sled excursion as they fill up - we booked it in June - so 11 months out. Don't know when you are cruising but they may be sold out?

Edited by Jane2357

We are cruising in September. I will just try to contact the excursions I want privately. As long as I can get back to the ship, I am fine with that!

Any you are right, I don't want to go on the float plane if I can't see anything. :)