Internet/Hub App on Deck 1 on Breeze

TravelingSmurf

I was wondering how well the internet and the Hub app work on deck 1. I thought I read somewhere that the lower on the ship you were the worse it was. I have been looking for an answer but I can't seem to find it. We will have 2 cabins (an inside and ocean view) and will be traveling with 3 kids (ages 12, 12, & 14). I want to make sure I can contact them at any time without the messages having trouble going through. I have read that some people order the social media plan and use FB messenger to communicate but that would be more expensive than using the Hub app. I also do not want to spend money on the internet packages for them not to work in our cabin. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Just off the Breeze this past Sunday. I was in a cove balcony on 2 and my mom was in an interior on 1. The app worked very well in my opinion. There were a few occasions that you had to allow it to reconnect but we did not find that bothersome at all. It was definitely worth the $5 per phone to be able to chat through the app. My mom did purchase one of the Internet plans for the week. She paid $25 which basically allowed her to access social media sites. She used FB the most and it worked extremely well.

Edited by ginak82

• 1 month later...
Just off the Breeze this past Sunday. I was in a cove balcony on 2 and my mom was in an interior on 1. The app worked very well in my opinion. There were a few occasions that you had to allow it to reconnect but we did not find that bothersome at all. It was definitely worth the $5 per phone to be able to chat through the app. My mom did purchase one of the Internet plans for the week. She paid $25 which basically allowed her to access social media sites. She used FB the most and it worked extremely well.

Thanks for this info. We will be on the Breeze in a Cove Balcony on Deck 2 and was wondering how well it worked too. (Our previous cruises didn't have this, so this will be my first time using it).

Is there an app you need to download prior to getting on the ship in order to use it? (That's the way NCL is and just wanted to make sure I download it prior, if needed).

Is it $5 for the entire cruise for just the messaging? Or $5 a day? If you get the $99 internet package, does it automatically include this messaging and the social media package?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

We all bought the chat portion of the app and it didn't always work (especially when we were in our cabins on deck 1). It seemed to work about 60-70% of the time. For the price we would do it again though (it is $5.00 for the whole week). Two of my kids bought the social media package and said it worked about 80% of the time (for some reason one worked better than the other and they both have identical phones).

We also bought the $99 plan which includes use of social media sites as well as most websites without any problems (you can't use sites like Netflix). It does not include the chat option but you can use iMessage (if you are messaging someone on the cruise they have to be logged into the internet to receive the messages). We thought the internet plan worked fairly well. We all took turns using the same account.

Thanks for this info. We will be on the Breeze in a Cove Balcony on Deck 2 and was wondering how well it worked too. (Our previous cruises didn't have this, so this will be my first time using it).

Is there an app you need to download prior to getting on the ship in order to use it? (That's the way NCL is and just wanted to make sure I download it prior, if needed).

Is it $5 for the entire cruise for just the messaging? Or $5 a day? If you get the $99 internet package, does it automatically include this messaging and the social media package?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

You're very welcome! It was our first time using it and we absolutely loved it.

You will need to download the Carnival Hub app. If you search carnival hub in your App Store it should be the first icon that pops up.

Yes the $5 charge is per device for the duration of the cruise and allows you to connect with others that have downloaded and purchased. It was very easy to navigate and quick to learn how it worked.

The internet package is purchased separately and depending on the tier you choose you will have access to different internet sites. My mom chose the $25 one which included access to the basic social media sites. The $99 dollar tier allows access to full internet and is supposed to be faster. It does not include the $5 Carnival Hub app.

Hope this helps! [emoji4]

You download the app before you leave for your cruise. Once you are on the ship you can login and purchase the chat feature then.

So you purchase the chat feature through the app? The $5 goes to Google Play or goes to your S&S or your on-board charges?

You're very welcome! It was our first time using it and we absolutely loved it.

You will need to download the Carnival Hub app. If you search carnival hub in your App Store it should be the first icon that pops up.

Yes the $5 charge is per device for the duration of the cruise and allows you to connect with others that have downloaded and purchased. It was very easy to navigate and quick to learn how it worked.

The internet package is purchased separately and depending on the tier you choose you will have access to different internet sites. My mom chose the $25 one which included access to the basic social media sites. The $99 dollar tier allows access to full internet and is supposed to be faster. It does not include the $5 Carnival Hub app.

Hope this helps! [emoji4]

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate it. We are definitely going to give this a try (kinda crappy they don't include the $5 app with the full priced internet package). :)