Group of Solos on NCL

Architect

Greetings NCL fans: My friends and I like to travel one to a cabin even though we travel 'together' ... so we're not exactly what people mean when they say 'solo' travellers. We're used to paying supplements of 125% to 200% to do this.

Not interested in 'inside' or small 'solo' cabins; we don't cruise all that often but when we do we're not particularly price-sensitive. And for the first time I'm considering NCL because of a Santiago to Buenos Aires (Dec 19) itinerary which is appealing.

But when I try to reserve staterooms, the system responds with "Number of guest selected is not supported by this Itinerary. Please try with a different itinerary or guest count."

Does this mean NCL won't let people travel one-to-a-cabin on this cruise even if they pay for two people? What would be the rationale for this? TIA.

Greetings NCL fans: My friends and I like to travel one to a cabin even though we travel 'together' ... so we're not exactly what people mean when they say 'solo' travellers. We're used to paying supplements of 125% to 200% to do this.

Not interested in 'inside' or small 'solo' cabins; we don't cruise all that often but when we do we're not particularly price-sensitive. And for the first time I'm considering NCL because of a Santiago to Buenos Aires (Dec 19) itinerary which is appealing.

But when I try to reserve staterooms, the system responds with "Number of guest selected is not supported by this Itinerary. Please try with a different itinerary or guest count."

Does this mean NCL won't let people travel one-to-a-cabin on this cruise even if they pay for two people? What would be the rationale for this? TIA.

Call to make this reservation. Run the price for 2 people, that will be your cost.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

I think it's just a problem with the software NCL is using. I've often been underwhelmed by their computer technologies.

I would recommend you call your PCC or a travel agent and explain what you want to do. They can make the reservation for you all as a group so that NCL knows you're all traveling together.

This is especially useful if you want any adjoining cabins -- which is a lot of fun! It means you can have togetherness when you want, and shut the doors when you don't want it.

Thanks to both of you for your advice. It does indeed appear to be a coding glitch on the site. Was about to go look for my phone when the online chat feature came up and the agent was able to provide me with a dedicated link and it's the same as looking up the price for two. So I guess either way would work. It's 200% any way you look at it, which I'm sure surprises no one in this forum!

Definitely like the idea of adjoining cabins--can these not be specified online? Seems like they can. I don't want to get into a discussion about TAs except to say that I prefer not to have an additional layer of people between myself and the cruise line. More time, more complications, more opportunity for errors/confusion/translation etc. (OTOH, I'm well aware that TAs can provide benefits too.) Anyway thanks again.

Thanks to both of you for your advice. It does indeed appear to be a coding glitch on the site. Was about to go look for my phone when the online chat feature came up and the agent was able to provide me with a dedicated link and it's the same as looking up the price for two. So I guess either way would work. It's 200% any way you look at it, which I'm sure surprises no one in this forum!

Definitely like the idea of adjoining cabins--can these not be specified online? Seems like they can. I don't want to get into a discussion about TAs except to say that I prefer not to have an additional layer of people between myself and the cruise line. More time, more complications, more opportunity for errors/confusion/translation etc. (OTOH, I'm well aware that TAs can provide benefits too.) Anyway thanks again.

The NCL website has lots of glitches. Since you'd like adjoining cabins I suggest you try doing it by phoning NCL if you're unable to do it online.