Live, Thanksgiving upon the Freedom, 11-22 to 11-29

seadog67

After that rigorous round of golf where we almost got rained out we are at the pool deck imbibing a few

dcadd335858d27290c7b772db10a0464.jpg

While taking advantage of the somewhat empty pools

3e4c48e02281ea2e30468378618e1809.jpg

ab1a1bfc00c14ee383bb2cd56b2e6877.jpg

Are these Navy Seals :)

6b34b698dea73a95af4de885b856dada.jpg

We plan to relax until the showers in the area pass and then head off to explore the port area after lunch hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Will post higher res pics of dailies when home if it is wanted.

Am definitely interested as we will be doing this same cruise in February.

Sure will. Check back maybe by next monday night I should be able to get the loaded by them in higher res. Have fun on your trip and thanks for checking in!

So enjoying your posts! And thank you for the info on the wheelchairs on Labadee...I was able to research a little more and this could be a big help. Our daughter can walk, but we use a wheelchair for her for safety and comfort reasons as it gives her a space to call her own which is comforting while in crowds. This could be a great way to get her from the dock to the cabana without too much anxiety. (I plan on keeping the cabana after seeing your photo!)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So enjoying your posts! And thank you for the info on the wheelchairs on Labadee...I was able to research a little more and this could be a big help. Our daughter can walk, but we use a wheelchair for her for safety and comfort reasons as it gives her a space to call her own which is comforting while in crowds. This could be a great way to get her from the dock to the cabana without too much anxiety. (I plan on keeping the cabana after seeing your photo!)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome, hope you guys have a great time!! You will love freedom it is very child friendly!

Lets head off the ship and tour the port area of Falmouth Jamaica, (10-1 odds we get rained on )

c49a84bafa5b2cd4a983e4ac9386717f.jpg

Damn, guess I need to find another career :)

d87a18173723d43558c83e40496ca23b.jpg

Hello neighbors

4afb439f6d84c8ba554a87f7bd9196cb.jpg

5f40bb95509184c856c57f31b3df1ca4.jpg

2c8cec81591092b1dd369171fbeae4cc.jpg

By the time we made it to Margueritaville it was pouring again:

48a5f862568cd70b283a7bf9d2666ca3.jpg

2c65ab3d5c139bc348ea6de4fc261565.jpg

90c02801ed2b823037fbeec2dd8f99b7.jpg

92d1ce2b3809b5772ac7ff029256533a.jpg

dbb3d9e8a75a53a461accc44a35d19f5.jpg

f339386f0ce80e6fa73c23163ab09c16.jpg

We then decided to run the gauntlet of downpours to get back to the ship. We were about 209 feet from the terminal when the mother of all downpours hit us and soaked us through. I have not laughed that hard in a while.

One other note, while sitting on the pool deck earlier we heard a bravo bravo bravo code go out, and now when boarding the ship later we saw what looked like an elderly person on a stretcher being taken off the ship and loaded into a local ambulance. We pray they are ok and is only a minor issue.

I forget what bravo code stands for so they may not be related.

Hope the weather clears up soon.

Wishing you and Mrs. Seadog a Happy Thanksgiving aboard Freedom!

Thanks and same to you and all cruise critics!

No clearing today, so caught up on naps :)

SEADOG, Thanks for the daily updates. They have been very eye opening as we sail on Dec 6. We are also booked on the freedom in late Feb (28th). We are booked in cabin 1853 on deck 12. This cabin was newly created during the last ship upgrade. Have not been able to get much information on it other than it is high and up front. My wife is nervous about where the entry to the cabin is. She doesn't like it to be in the middle of the long side as that layout is hard to work with.

If you get a chance in your travels please take a look and see.

Have a great cruise and we look forward to additional updates.

I found 1853, I hope this is what you were looking for

741a0a923f288ec1739a43118c235bde.jpg

7955b83a3c37859708d6ada064b4d25b.jpg

7daf06353e8506d4d1ecf5a06246526e.jpg

Seems like it is on the long side of the hall.

Thanks for checking on cabin 1853 for us. Looks as if our fears were confirmed. The entrance is on the side of the cabin which makes for a difficult layout. Will see what we can do to move us at this late date. We will be on a back to back so we would need a cabin to be available for both weeks. Final payment is next week.

Loving the live review - we are sailing FOS in January, this is helping me pass the time

we are thinking of doing the same thing in Jamaica - just get off walk about and stop at MVille for a few...how was MVille, was the pool area large? what about the port - is it large, will it take us a bit to walk around. I am hoping to spend some time on the ship and enjoy the quiet ;)

I assume you did anytime dining - do you have any photos of the dining room for the assigned dining?

Thanks again for doing a live review - Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for checking on cabin 1853 for us. Looks as if our fears were confirmed. The entrance is on the side of the cabin which makes for a difficult layout. Will see what we can do to move us at this late date. We will be on a back to back so we would need a cabin to be available for both weeks. Final payment is next week.

You are welcome, hope you can work it out.

Loving the live review - we are sailing FOS in January, this is helping me pass the time

we are thinking of doing the same thing in Jamaica - just get off walk about and stop at MVille for a few...how was MVille, was the pool area large? what about the port - is it large, will it take us a bit to walk around. I am hoping to spend some time on the ship and enjoy the quiet ;)

I assume you did anytime dining - do you have any photos of the dining room for the assigned dining?

Thanks again for doing a live review - Happy Thanksgiving!

Glad you are enjoying!

The port area is decent size but mainly diamond shops and a few gift stores and a craft market

9b429c0100cfcfdcf56b9407197f8d63.jpg

You can see an overview of the port here

7a7f346c1daf48e54b029a0178dd5f73.jpg

Heres as good as I got of the pool due to the downpour. Ill post the dinning room shortly, we did my time and specialty mostly this week.

7313491f566c5d71d52dea9cbdd9892f.jpg

Thanks for checking in and have a blast on your trip !

Glad you are enjoying!

The port area is decent size but mainly diamond shops and a few gift stores and a craft market

9b429c0100cfcfdcf56b9407197f8d63.jpg

You can see an overview of the port here

7a7f346c1daf48e54b029a0178dd5f73.jpg

Heres as good as I got of the pool due to the downpour. Ill post the dinning room shortly, we did my time and specialty mostly this week.

7313491f566c5d71d52dea9cbdd9892f.jpg

Thanks for checking in and have a blast on your trip !

Thanks for the information - I'll be traveling along with you the rest of the week :D

This review has me even more pumped about cruising FOS...on this same itinerary December 6! Love all your pics!

I'd love to know if there is still a welcome back event for the lower level Crown and Anchor members? We are Gold and I heard that most ships now only host these parties for the higher tiers????

Edited by bethie77