forward facing balconies regal

steelhead1

We are considering booking a forward facing balcony on the regal, L101,102,103 or 104. Would like to know from anyone who has stayed in these how obstructed they are, are the cabins larger and is it true the balcony is locked while at sea? Also any photos of these would be appreciated.

We are considering booking a forward facing balcony on the regal, L101,102,103 or 104. Would like to know from anyone who has stayed in these how obstructed they are, are the cabins larger and is it true the balcony is locked while at sea? Also any photos of these would be appreciated.

We have had L104 twice on Royal.The obstruction is the steel on the front of the balcony rather than the plexiglass.The balcony is massive and the steel blocks the wind when at sea.The balcony was never locked but the balcony light is disconnected and they ask that you leave the drapes closed at night as the light can be distracting to those on the bridge.

We have had L104 twice on Royal.The obstruction is the steel on the front of the balcony rather than the plexiglass.The balcony is massive and the steel blocks the wind when at sea.The balcony was never locked but the balcony light is disconnected and they ask that you leave the drapes closed at night as the light can be distracting to those on the bridge.

I wish they would disconnect all balcony lights. I love to sit out at night and look at the stars and sea. Why does anyone need a light on their balcony?

we loved ours on the Royal, recently did a transatlantic on her and used the balcony almost every day…plus the proximity and access to the forward elevator eliminated the overcrowded central elevators….usually we do inside rooms 0n lido deck on grand class ships…but this was a real treat. you'll love it, there is no downside.

We were in M101 on the Royal last month. The balcony was huge. Some days were more windy than others, but the open decks were just as windy on those days. The door was never locked. Some nights we forgot to close the curtains when it got dark before we left for dinner and it was never a problem. My only cons to this location are that a few times I felt seasick when standing up and moving around for an extended period like when unpacking and cleaning the room on the first day and there was a bad odor in the hallway once you exited the stairs or elevator lobby as you walked to the front of the ship. My husband said that he couldn't smell it though. Overall, we loved the cabin and would book it again.