NCL Escape - Splash Academy - Schedule

GeoKat27

What if you went to the 9pm show? I've read they are about 90 minutes long. Does the Academy allow you to be a few minutes after 10:30 to pick them up? Or should you mention that when you drop them off that you will be there right after the show?

After 10:30 it's late night fun zone til 1:30am for $6/hr. I picked my kid up before 11pm and have to pay $6. They have the sign up sheet if u wanna stay after 10:30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 10:30 it's late night fun zone til 1:30am for $6/hr. I picked my kid up before 11pm and have to pay $6. They have the sign up sheet if u wanna stay after 10:30

Yes, but what if it's 10:35 and the kids are not staying for the late night part?

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

Yes, but what if it's 10:35 and the kids are not staying for the late night part?

I would just leave the show a little early. They are pretty strict about the time. We paid $6 the day we had the 9pm show. I'm not sure what time we made it there (well before 11) but we picked my son up right after the show.

We just got off the boat Sat. Get in line at Splash at 20 til for your 7 pm reservations (The line forms quick). They would start accepting kids most nights at 6:45 despite what all their signs said.

Ok, great news I will show up at the Splash Academy for 6:40pm.

Greg

We just got off the boat Sat. Get in line at Splash at 20 til for your 7 pm reservations (The line forms quick). They would start accepting kids most nights at 6:45 despite what all their signs said.

We were there before 7 but didn't get to check in til 7pm I guess have to be there earlier :)

We were there before 7 but didn't get to check in til 7pm I guess have to be there earlier :)

Did you not get checked in because the line was to long or because they just didn't take any kids till 7pm?

This whole thing seems really strange to me why would they not stagger the start times?

Greg

Hello all. We'll be sailing on 1/16/16. I read that you need to register the children ASAP due to possible "filling up". When do you you register, online before sailing, or once you board? I haven't seen anything on line about registering. If you do just register on board, do you register at the guest relations desk, or directly at the Splash Academy?

TIA

Does anyone know if the age cut-offs are strict? This kids in our group will be turning six 3 and 12 weeks after our cruise. They are in kindergarten and wonder if the 3-5 group will be too 'young' for them.

Everything I've read is repeated that the age groups are very strict by age as of the start of the cruise.

Hello all. We'll be sailing on 1/16/16. I read that you need to register the children ASAP due to possible "filling up". When do you you register, online before sailing, or once you board? I haven't seen anything on line about registering. If you do just register on board, do you register at the guest relations desk, or directly at the Splash Academy? TIA

I've read some stories of Splash Academy reaching capacity at times on other ships. We were on NCL Getaway Thanksgiving week (a busy time for kids) and never experienced that. Go to Splash Academy when you board and register then... it's the only time you will get an inside look at SA. Then make sure you send kids there when it opens on the 1st day at 8pm so they make cruise friends. On sea days, it closes 5-7pm. We saw lines at checkin at 7pm. Not a problem getting in.... but if you have a 7pm dining reservation.... get in line to check into SA at 6:45pm so you're one of the 1st to check in.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

I've read some stories of Splash Academy reaching capacity at times on other ships. We were on NCL Getaway Thanksgiving week (a busy time for kids) and never experienced that. Go to Splash Academy when you board and register then... it's the only time you will get an inside look at SA. Then make sure you send kids there when it opens on the 1st day at 8pm so they make cruise friends. On sea days, it closes 5-7pm. We saw lines at checkin at 7pm. Not a problem getting in.... but if you have a 7pm dining reservation.... get in line to check into SA at 6:45pm so you're one of the 1st to check in.

Sounds great... Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know if the age cut-offs are strict? This kids in our group will be turning six 3 and 12 weeks after our cruise. They are in kindergarten and wonder if the 3-5 group will be too 'young' for them.

If they turn 6 on the second day, that's when they can go into the older group - that strict.

[quote name='aamiee'][IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/15/0159f3d84e5ffaae107ff1f4e54d35dd.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/15/9fc2ad9b06d3ee1de12b3f1b9be3ce85.jpg[/IMG]

Last one for 6-9 years old. Also during port day it's $6 for breakfast/ lunch and dinner and after 10:30 later night fun zone is $6 per hour($4 for siblings/hr)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Just have to say thanks for posting this!