Virgin Drinks

MotherofTrips

Any idea in how much they charge for a Virginia frozen drink (ex Piña colada). Will they make these for teens?

I don't know the answer to cost, but as far as whether or not they'll make non-alcoholic drinks for kids... absolutely! Our last big group cruise had many kids of all ages getting virgin drinks: mudslides, toasted almond, daiquiris, you name it. It was actually a lot of fun for them to try out the different concoctions.

That sounds about right, a couple bucks less. I want to say high $5 range. That reminds me of DS who was about 10 and went to the pool bar to get his one virgin drink of the day. I was in the room and I hear the doorbell ring and it is him with two drinks in his hands.

He looked upset so I asked him what is wrong. He said they sold him 3 drinks with the other one still at the bar. I realized what had happened - whenever he orders he says "..I'd like an alcohol free pina colada.." and between him not talking clearly and the bartender not understanding him they thought he wanted three drinks.

That sounds about right, a couple bucks less. I want to say high $5 range. That reminds me of DS who was about 10 and went to the pool bar to get his one virgin drink of the day. I was in the room and I hear the doorbell ring and it is him with two drinks in his hands.

He looked upset so I asked him what is wrong. He said they sold him 3 drinks with the other one still at the bar. I realized what had happened - whenever he orders he says "..I'd like an alcohol free pina colada.." and between him not talking clearly and the bartender not understanding him they thought he wanted three drinks.

LOL so they thought he said "alcohol three pina coladas"? I assumed they made them virgin right? That would be funny if they made them with alcohol.

That reminds me, when we went on a cruise when my sister was 15, waitresses were trying to serve her alcoholic drinks. They don't know how old these kids are (I would hope they knew a 10 year old wasn't old enough to drink), but they want people to drink. They don't say anything to you if you have alcoholic drinks and you don't look old enough; they just turn their head. Kinda funny. Sorry I got way off track.

I'm afraid that if the kids order the alcohol free drinks they will make a mistake and put alcohol in them! Lol. I going to have to taste all of their drinks! My one daughter looks older than she is..I better double check hers!

I would assume that as long as your kids are being charged for virgin drinks, that's what the bartender is giving them. I'd check receipts first.

LOL so they thought he said "alcohol three pina coladas"? I assumed they made them virgin right? That would be funny if they made them with alcohol.

That reminds me, when we went on a cruise when my sister was 15, waitresses were trying to serve her alcoholic drinks. They don't know how old these kids are (I would hope they knew a 10 year old wasn't old enough to drink), but they want people to drink. They don't say anything to you if you have alcoholic drinks and you don't look old enough; they just turn their head. Kinda funny. Sorry I got way off track.

I think they just heard "three pina coladas" instead of "alcohol free pina colada". He didn't have any alcohol in his drinks.

For kids they cut the corner of their room key card so that should be how they now if you can drink.

I forgot to mention to make sure to save a couple bucks don't get the fancy cup, just get a plain plastic one rather than the souvenir cup.

Lastly, one of the kids favorite drinks was stars and stripes which they had on the PoA but they have asked on other ships and nobody knows what they are talking about. It is a layered drink with stripes of red strawberry daiquri, stripes of pina colada, and I think blueberries (or something blue) on the top.

The virgin cocktails are $4.50 plus the 18% gratuity. They generally show on the receipt as a fruit smoothie.

I was on the Jade recently on the TA and pregnant so I had a few. A couple of the bartenders weren't great about the virgin cocktails (one was quite smart with me about a virgin mudslide one day!) but most were and I also found if I asked for a "fruit punch" you got the bartenders version of a fruit punch, so it changed from bar to bar which was nice!

We were just on the Getaway and were able to order virgin drinks with our ultimate beverage card. The kids also had soda cards and were able to order for no charge with their soda cards.

Oh this is great news about the soda thing. I would love to go get a virgin strawberry daiquiri if I had the soda package and not pay for it. That's so awesome. Thank you.

The facts... Frozen daiquiris, or any other virgin frozen drink, are NOT included with the soda package. They ARE included with the Ultimate Beverge Package. By the rules, someone with the UBP cannot order and share a virgin cocktail with someone not on the UBP.

The reality... we had 8 adults with UBP and 7 kids with the soda package in our party. Many virgin frozen drinks were ordered for the kids, and I'm not sure if any were ever charged. The bartenders would typically just grab an adult UBP card and ring everything up on the one card.

However, if someone were to approach a bar with just a soda package, that person should expect to pay the normal price for a virgin frozen drink.

Edited by TheDougOut

The facts... Frozen daiquiris, or any other virgin frozen drink, are NOT included with the soda package. They ARE included with the Ultimate Beverge Package. By the rules, someone with the UBP cannot order and share a virgin cocktail with someone not on the UBP.

The reality... we had 8 adults with UBP and 7 kids with the soda package in our party. Many virgin frozen drinks were ordered for the kids, and I'm not sure if any were ever charged. The bartenders would typically just grab an adult UBP card and ring everything up on the one card.

However, if someone were to approach a bar with just a soda package, that person should expect to pay the normal price for a virgin frozen drink.

Dammit. Okay thanks. What drinks ARE included? The website says Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda, but what about lemonade, etc?

Dammit. Okay thanks. What drinks ARE included? The website says Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda, but what about lemonade, etc?

Lemonade, iced tea, and flavored waters are typically available at the buffet for everyone. I'm not sure about availability at the restaurants.